Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Yu-Gi-Oh! is coming to Battleground this December!  (Read 6109 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA

A group of great people have been asking Battleground to host Yu-Gi-Oh! events. 
This December we're making it happen!

We've got a spacious, convenient location that we feel players will enjoy, we've recently brought on a decent stock of the most recent Yu-Gi-Oh product, sets, card supplies, and accessories (excited for some feedback).  Want food? We're located literally seconds from a PieZoni's, McDonalds, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, Subway, and several Chinese food joints! We're very excited to expand our gaming community by inviting Yu-Gi-Oh! enthusiasts to come check us out and play!

Starting Saturday, December 14th, Battleground Games & Hobbies will be hosting Advanced Format tournaments and occasionally Draft or Sealed tournaments as the community grows.

Because prizes are obviously something players feel are super important, we plan to offer payouts that are as least as good as our competitors in the area.  Of course they'll be based on attendance and specific details will be forthcoming. Every player will receive Yu-Gi-Oh! product worth roughly equivalent to their entry fee as the event starts.

Sanctioned events and Astral Packs?  Well guys, they're coming soon.  We've gone through all the required steps with Konami and having been waiting for them to process our paperwork for a couple weeks.  The same day that's done an order for all of the required materials (COSSY cards, Astral Packs, etc) will be made.  Until that point we will be hosting unsanctioned events and emulating what Konami would like to see us do.

Check out the Event Calendar on our website to see a list of our upcoming events.

Like us on Facebook to get up to the minute information of tournaments, products, release details, sales, and more!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:01:06 AM by Matthew »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grand Master Steve

Re: [Plainville MA] Yu-Gi-Oh! is coming to Battleground this December!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »
IDE love to play but I don't want a label cause I'm a 32 year old dude that plays a kids game.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:50:51 PM »
There's lots of adults that play, Steve.  I've spoke with a bunch of awesome people lately and they're all 20 or older.

Events will be at 7:30pm on Saturday nights so (for better or worse) there probably won't be tons of "kids."
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Raylulz

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »
Sounds good. I'll be there.
UDE/KDE - Yu-Gi-Oh! Judge
Yu-Gi-Oh Demo Team Konami
Amateurs practice until they get it right
Pros practice until they can't get it wrong

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
There's lots of adults that play, Steve.  I've spoke with a bunch of awesome people lately and they're all 20 or older.

Events will be at 7:30pm on Saturday nights so (for better or worse) there probably won't be tons of "kids."
By the end of the tournament around 11 PM last Saturday, there was not one player there I would label a kid.

fanneyjack

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:15:57 AM »
I am 29 married an still continuing playing Yu-Gi-Oh