Author Topic: The invasion has begun.. monster nids have arrived  (Read 1979 times)

MM3791

• God
The invasion has begun.. monster nids have arrived
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »

Have at it hoss

MM3791

• God
Re: The invasion has begun.. monster nids have arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:27:15 PM »
Here are the rest, I'm too lazy to upload all of them individually. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?382079-Tyranid-Rumors-January-2014

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
Purdy, in an ugly bull necked way.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 02:26:18 AM »
shut up and take my money
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »
I hope they do something about how challenges work for Tryanids. Seriously they are giant alien bug monsters how the hell does  a Tervigon challenge a chapter master to a duel?
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:58:14 AM »
I just wish they would can the whole challenge thing.  It just doesn't fit with the 40k aesthetic IMHO.  I mean you have swarms eating all the life on a planet, the "good guys" issuing Terminatus orders left and right and dropping virus bombs from space, but yet... on the battlefield, the combatants have honor enough to stand aside while their commanders fight it out mano-a-mano?  Just always strikes me as silly. 
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:03 PM »
You could just have no tyranid units be characters.  Or maybe only the broodlord (who seems like he is meant to be a challenge monkey, and they're part human).  I think that would make perfect sense.

Doubt this is what the rules say, though.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
I hope they do something about how challenges work for Tryanids. Seriously they are giant alien bug monsters how the hell does  a Tervigon challenge a chapter master to a duel?

More like the chapter master is all "Let me show you how this is done, boys!" Or the squad is like "You got this one chief, show us how it's done."

You can literally forge the narrative any way you want.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 08:23:47 AM »
You can literally forge the narrative any way you want.

Indeed, and the bigger tyranids may be biologically programed to hunt down enemy leaders to distrupt enemy communication.. so there you go  ;)