Author Topic: The new trend  (Read 1443 times)

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
The new trend
« on: July 07, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »
So listening around at BG and the new trend seems to be 1000 point games. I'll be around today (7/7) for games of 40k.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: The new trend
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
Man, you don't hang around at the store for a few days and you fall completely out of the loop.

I wasn't around Friday, Saturday, Monday or Tuesday and I feel like I haven't been here in months.

1000 point games seem awesome.  I look forward to watching the matches?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:13 PM »
I think Steve D is a trend setter.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »
apparently so. I have 1000 pts of Ultramarines that seem to perform well for their points cost. I didnt know every one started only doing 1k armies O.o

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »
I don't know how Tyranids will do at 1k. There are a few issues I am concerned about in low point games but I am planning on starting at 1k due to the number of models involved. It also seems like a good point to start at for getting the rules and interactions down so I can build a more coherent larger point list. Besides I may need some time to save up for models. Damn they add up fast!

As long as I don't magnetize my Gaunts ;D it shouldn't be *too* long before I am ready to start putting models on the table.

Seriously... I am kidding about the Gaunts... I am only magnetizing the one... I swear... um, I think.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »
I'll believe your magnetizing comment this time, but you failed to mention how long it will take you to pin every model that you have.

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
Re: Pinning
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 01:19:32 PM »
No pinning for the plastics. Just for the metals and that is only a hand full of models. Mostly large easy pins too.
Unless the Gargoyles turn out to be hard.

I will probably end up spending more time doing the magnets for the Carnifex and Warriors.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 06:40:03 PM »
ya, you may find the gargoyles to literally be more trouble than they are worth.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 09:29:08 PM »
Gargoyles are nasty little critters. they are expensive money wise to have a bunch and can be annoying at times to assemble but if you got em use em.