Author Topic: Anime event planning assistance request  (Read 2216 times)

SkavenSlave

Anime event planning assistance request
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »
Hi guys and gals,

I have a bit of an unusual request. While I am a rare visitor to the store, always promising myself I should get there at least Thursday nights, I do enjoy the store and the varied people that I see. This is why I hope that amongst you, or someone you know, may be able to help me.
My wife passed away on Feb 14th, leaving me and 2 daughters on our own. The younger one, Alyssa,  will be turning 11 years old March 21, and this is where I need some help.

Since the beginning of the school year she has become obsessed with anime and manga, watching and reading everything she can get her hands on, so naturally she has asked for a anime/manga themed birthday party.
Normally my wife would be handling this, planning and arranging everything for Alyssa's birthday party, but between work and still dealing with the loss of my wife, I have little creativity and ideas onsetting up an anime/manga themed party. So I am looking for someone to be a party planner for me, who could plan and set up such a birthday party.  I think I can get a room at our local Y (Smithfield, RI) as a venue (we've had a birthday party there before), but I have not called - yet, and time is getting short.  The party would be for about 10 or 11 girls, all 10-11 years old. Ideally this would take place during early afternoon Saturday March 22; alternatively it could be done the following Saturday.
Location could be anywhere from here in Smithfield to Attleboro.

For background of the types of manga she likes, her current manga reading list is Shugo chara, Kimi ni todoke, Special A, Fairy Tail, Hana Kimi, Rocking Heaven, Bokura ga ita, and Hana to Akuma.
Her birthday wish list mostly consisted of Fairy Tail items - I've got those coming via e-bay.

I'll have to find out the names of the anime series she's been watching, but i know she hasn't been watching Naruto or the last Airbender (though we went through those as a family with her older sister).

So, if you are or know anyone who would like to earn some money planning and setting up a party, please post here or send me a private message here or to my gmail account, where my handle is ybrider.

Thank you.
Mark Grabowski
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:06:14 AM by SkavenSlave »

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
Re: Anime event request
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »
My deepest condolences on your loss. I know nothing of Anime or party planning but if you have a fund going for donations please let us know.

SkavenSlave

Re: Anime event request
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »
My deepest condolences on your loss. I know nothing of Anime or party planning but if you have a fund going for donations please let us know.

Thank you for your condolences and sympathies.

But I am not looking for donations. While going from a 2 income family to 1 income will be a challenge, we should be alright, for this party and later. But thank you for the thought; I do appreciate it.

Thanks,
MarkG