Author Topic: Wanted: Basic tactical marines... maybe terminators...  (Read 1988 times)

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
Wanted: Basic tactical marines... maybe terminators...
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »
Hi all! 

Alright, I am embarking on a painting project.  I got a cool display case on clearance at Kohl's, and I aim to fill it with space marines, from many different chapters.  I am aiming for 60 different chapters to start... which means 60 marine models needed.  So far I have been using the AoBR marines, and I think most will be those.  They are basic, not chapter specific, and look good.  That said, some will be different, some may even be HQ models (I have some old classics I am itching to paint).  I was also thinking that after the 60 marines, I might make the bottom row terminators of different chapters, if I feel inspired.

I will hopefully be doing 4 a month or so, and posting them in the painting forum, where it will also be soliciting chapter picks. 

So, that said, anyone have any AoBR marines, or other basic marines (multipart plastic or even the metal plastic hybrids, or he'll the old second edition monopose might be useful in lower numbers,) they want to dispose of for store cred?  Needs to be fairly cheap, mind you, and obviously bare plastic or just primed perferred.  Just base coated might be workable, too.  This project will take a lot of time without having to strip them! 

As I said, terminators might be on the horizon too, but I think focusing on just marines is a better start.

I have a few done already, so I will post 'em when I get a chance!

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
Re: Wanted: Basic tactical marines... maybe terminators...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »
No takers?  I'll even take 2nd edition starter marines...  any condition!

Anyway, I have done 5 so far:
Ultramarine
Salamander
Crimson Fist
Imperial Fist
Black Templar (actually the OOP Emperor's Champ, always wanted to paint him)

I'll post pictures in the painting forum soon...

Nathan B

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
I have spare marines, tactical and terminator. I play at Plainville, and I'm the guy with something like 9 drop pods.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »
Cool.  What do you have for tactical marines, and what would you like for them?  Same question for the terminators, though I am not as interested in them...

Nathan B

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »
What do you have? I'm WH 40K only, and I play just marines right now...

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 01:16:01 PM »
Well, I was originally thinking just some store cred for marines nobody wanted...  But I do have some Eldar of various varieties, and some other miscellaneous 40K.  I was going to whip up a list to put up here soon.

Nathan B

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
I might prefer either, depending. Unwanted models for unwanted models might be simplest.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
Sorry I didn't get a chance to do an inventory this weekend.  I'll do one soon!