Author Topic: Age of Sigmar-Plainville  (Read 5219 times)

takenogundam1

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Age of Sigmar-Plainville
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
Hey all.

So now that Ive had a few games of AoS and I think we have all had time to digest the rules, I was thinking maybe its time for a thread to see whos in and available for games. I think if we got this game out in front of people and on the table, it can grow quite well. I'm sure the BG team will help spread the word, we just have to get some games going.

The reality is this: if we want new fantasy models and a fantasy based game thats actually supported,  we need to get people on board. For those who are skeptical about the game, we have to support it if only to make it better. Maybe if Gdubbs sees people want to play it AND want a more serious ruleset, they will produce it. Otherwise Warhammer, in all its forms, will be where Mordhiem, Epic, and Battlefleet Gothic are. So. Whos up for some Age of Sigmar?

*ADDED 07/22/2015 Later in this thread, we are starting to discuss ways the gaming community can balance the AoS game so its something seasoned players can use and have fun with. Your constructive input is graciously accepted!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:34:04 PM by takenogundam1 »
Take a moment, please. Ponder the depths of your insignificance."

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Frank

• Email
Re: Age of Sigmar-Plainville
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »
I would play but don't use wounds as a balance system

Parker781

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »
I'm in  :D, I would like to support the system, I think it's got great potential with the faster play and smaller size.

Frank

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
Can you guys meet at bg today if not what days are good

Parker781

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
I can't meet today, but Monday nights are usually my best time to play for the record.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »
I'd recommend that BG change the sub-forum name from "Warhammer Fantasy" to "Age of Sigmar".

All signs point to tons of AoS models being released week after week to get the game fully up to par, the next WD has info of fire dwarfs riding lava beasts so I think that will be exciting too. The more stuff that comes out, the more people will give the game a second look.

Although I'm pretty busy this summer, I am very interested in the new books and fluff for the 9 Realms and the various new heroes, villians, and factions. I plan on picking up the AoS book this weekend @ BG.

RumHam

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 06:21:25 AM »
I know a few people in Abington have been picking up the starter sets.

I would be down for a game whenever in Abington.

naptragichen

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
Hey all, I have played a couple games of AoS and mostly enjoyed it.  I have hopes to play both AoS and 8th as time goes forward.  The AoS matches I played were done using model count and it ended pretty evenly in first Dwarves vs Chaos then Undead vs Chaos.  I'm fairly available to play either system.  I'm playing a AoS tonight at 7 in Abington if anyone else wants to swing in.
Hakuna Matata

takenogundam1

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 10:06:44 PM »
So far so good. Im glad to see people are commiting. I can play at Plainville most week days between 3pm and 7 or 8pm and weekends whenever.

I noticed a few people mentioned they werent into using wounds as a balance and others mentioned model count.

I tend to agree after playing a few games that wounds doesnt seem to cut it.

What are some ways you have all come up with that seem to work for game balance as far as unit selection?

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Frank

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »
Well counter deploying seems to work for me if you put nagash or a big horde I'll deploy a horde In response

Frank

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 11:00:22 PM »
I can play friday-tuesday after 530 and Wednesday-thursday anytime

takenogundam1

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 01:42:37 AM »
Ill be there on Wed after 3.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »
This weekend I bought the book, background story is great. It puts all the gods as characters, as the central focus much like Greek Mythology.

Bkyle

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 10:28:48 AM »
if you're using wounds for a little bit of 'balance' I think you have to go in understanding that 4 clanrats still doesn't equal one iron gut.... but they can do a lot more damage than in 8th edition and can unlock a cool battalion rule so the 150 i have painted have actually seen some use in AoS. 

If people are playing next Wednesday (29th) I'm going to try and make it down to BG. 

Frank

• Email
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »
Ya I know that but counter deployment helps balance more then most think if u put ten iron guts I'll make Sure I have the rats or goblins to kill it