Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301441 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k
« Reply #2505 on: June 25, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »
Headed up to Plainville yesterday to pick up a couple of things and stopped at work to check the new job assignments.  Got my first pick, the job I wanted with Tuesdays off!  It starts on July 11, so I'll be up on July 14th (the day after my birthday!) to get my first game of 7th edition.  I'll need some training, if anyone is game.  I never did get around to building my new guard army, instead I've been slowly building a SM army.  I'm planning to have a 1500-2000 point built and with me on the 14th.

Sounds cool Hopefully we'll see you then.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2506 on: June 30, 2015, 09:43:44 AM »
It's Tuesday again so who's coming out tonight?
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #2507 on: July 04, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
So the biggest question I've been wrestling with on my new SM chapter, the Ghal Maraz, is color scheme!  The top runner, and likely choice was gold as the base color with other colors through into the mix to offset the gold and to denote various aspects of the army.  Veterans with white helms, Sergeants with red.  Colored shoulder pads to denote position, rank and honors.  The biggest problem I was seeing was a lot of work in the painting area, or getting and learning how to use an airbrush, and going also going through a lot of gold paint.  Well, now we have the Age of Sigmar that has fallen, and they basically stole that color scheme from me!  They are even introducing a gold spray paint!  Of course, now I feel that if I go with this color scheme, it's going to look like I'm ripping off the new game and what they are trying!  Especially if I buy some of the new Order units and use them in my army.....

That said, can I place an order for
Retributor Armour Spray
Retributor Armour (Base)
Flayed One Flesh
Liberator Gold

Or in easier terms, the new spray and the 3 new paint pots.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:16:11 AM by tilarium »

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • If I haven't seen it, It's new to me!!!
« Reply #2508 on: July 06, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
Does anyone have an Imperial Knight super heavy? I am looking in to measure the legs for a conversion.
There are questions I'm still not wise enough to answer, just wise enough to no longer ask.--GEORGE JONES

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #2509 on: July 11, 2015, 01:51:42 AM »
The begining marines of The Ghal Maraz are nearly done.  I've re-purposed 9 previously built marines into the army.  The remaining 11 of the two tac squads just need heads, shoulder pads and 10 need backpacks.. all 3 are needed on the 5 sternguard vets and the 5 man command squad.  The 5 assault marines just need their jump packs affixed.  The captain is done, though his shield hasn't been glued on (holding off on that until he's painted).  The only units that need full assemble are the centurion devastators.  All of them need bases still.  All total, the force is about 1400 points, still some fine tuning to do on it though.  They should all be done for Tuesday aside from the priming and the painting.  Need to get up to the store to get the gold spray that just came out!

Vercingatorix

• Email
« Reply #2510 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:24 AM »
Is anyone looking for an 1850 game around 4 pm today?

PeterG

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • Space Wolves (and GK)
    • Email
« Reply #2511 on: July 14, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
Works for me, see you then. Should I bring a super-competitive list or a more casual list?

Vercingatorix

• Email
« Reply #2512 on: July 14, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »
Stomp my face in! And lets call it 4:30?

PeterG

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • Space Wolves (and GK)
    • Email
« Reply #2513 on: July 14, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »
Okay, see you at 4:30.

Nathan B

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #2514 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:16 PM »
I'll be there around six looking for a 1850 game, but I'll mve up or down if you give me time to modify the list.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2515 on: July 14, 2015, 09:38:18 PM »
Pretty good crew there tonight, despite missing a handful of the usual suspects.

:)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PeterG

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • Space Wolves (and GK)
    • Email
« Reply #2516 on: July 14, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
Hey,  great game!  You left your measuring tape and a grey die. I left them behind the counter for you.

Vercingatorix

• Email
« Reply #2517 on: July 15, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
Thank you! I was in a rush. Really great game, we'll have to get a rematch when I go get my tape measure!

PeterG

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • Space Wolves (and GK)
    • Email
« Reply #2518 on: July 16, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
I was reading over the rules for the 2015 NOVA, and I noticed that they restrict you to two detachments, like the tournaments at Battlegrounds. I am definitely no expert on ork list building, but I think that you had to have three for the (Painboy and grots - CAD), (Green Tide - FD), and (Daemons - CAD). I'm not sure you said you were planning on taking THAT list to NOVA, but if so, and if I am correct about the detachments used, you might want to verify that the list is legal for NOVA. Good luck if you do end up going!

PeterG

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • Space Wolves (and GK)
    • Email
« Reply #2519 on: July 21, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
Anyone going to be there early tonight?  Looking for a game around 430 if anyone is up for it.