Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1812 times)

Izen930

• Email
Hello
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
Hi, my name is Mark and I have recently moved near the BattleGround store in Plainville and am looking to get back into the Warhammer Fantasy/40k scene.

I have played both Warhammer Fantasy ( I think I started in 5/6th Ed.) and Warhammer 40k (tail end of 2nd Ed.), I am not great at Warmachine/Hordes but I know a bit. I have played many board games (I am espicially found of Dominion and Race for the Galaxy) and have done my fair share of role playing both Dark Hersey and Warhammer Fantasy.

I am 25 and work for DELL as an engineer and look forward to meeting everyone.

-Mark

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Hey Mark,

You'll have no trouble finding groups of people interested in all of those things. There's a small crowd for Fantasy, a good-sized crowd for 40k (Thursday nights especially) and an exploding interest in Warmachine / Hordes. I also know of one Warhammer Fantasy RPG game going on at the moment, so you're bound to meet lots of good people with similar interests!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
Hi Mark, I'm Chase and I manage the store in Plainville.  Like Ben said, you'll have no trouble meeting people to play all of the games you've mentioned with.

When you do come in definitely introduce yourself.  I really like putting names on the forums with faces.

I highly recommended coming down on a Thursday night.  There is a good sized group of miniature gamers that gather for the "Unofficial 40k Night" that Ben has built up for us.  There you can find a game of whatever you'd like easy enough or you can just watch, hang out, and meet some people.

I look forward to seeing you there!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »
Hey Mark,

I kind of can't believe no one else mentioned this, but if you're free on Saturday swing on by the Megabattle at the Holiday Inn in Rockland. It's a bit of a drive, but that is a great place for you to meet a lot of the 40k players from the Abington location, and a few of our wandering brethren as well. There is a lot more info on the relevant threads on timing and location and what not.

Izen930

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
Hey Mark,

I kind of can't believe no one else mentioned this, but if you're free on Saturday swing on by the Megabattle at the Holiday Inn in Rockland. It's a bit of a drive, but that is a great place for you to meet a lot of the 40k players from the Abington location, and a few of our wandering brethren as well. There is a lot more info on the relevant threads on timing and location and what not.

Thank you very much for the information! Unfortunately I get to travel this weekend so I will be missing in action.

What time on Saturdays do most 40k players show up? Thursdays are my late days (8am -8 pm) so its mostly a no go to play and I would really enjoy meeting everyone next Thursday from 9-10ish if anyone is still around.

-Mark

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »
I have just recently acquired an automobile so i plan on going to more thursday 40k's. If you want i can play you when you get off of work.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
tuesdays is also a good night for both fantasy and 40k in plainville

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »
Thursdays are my late days (8am -8 pm) so its mostly a no go to play and I would really enjoy meeting everyone next Thursday from 9-10ish if anyone is still around.

-Mark

Most games are usually wrapping up around 9:30 or so, but there are usually people around to chat with and introduce yourself to.