Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Battleground Games & Hobbies - 1st Anniversary Celebration 10/8  (Read 4598 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email

Come celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Battleground Games & Hobbies in Plainville, MA!

We have a fantastic day of events and prizes lined up for the 1st Anniversary of Battleground Games & Hobbies in Plainville, Massachusetts. Magic the Gathering, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k,  Warmachine, Dungeons & Dragons, Pokemon,  World of Warcraft CCG, War at Sea, Malifaux and a huge variety of board games will be more than enough to keep you busy for hours and hours.

Throughout the day, we’ll also be hosting a range of tournaments, demos, raffles and giveaways. We’ve set aside a great selection of prize packages that will be available to everyone that walks through the door. However, the longer you stay and the more you play will increase your chances to win some of the heaping piles of gamey goodness we’ll be raffling off.

There are several ways to earn raffle tickets at the Grand Opening. Here’s how it works:

• Just for showing up and filling out one of our Battleground Gamer Cards you will receive three raffle tickets [SUBJECT TO CHANGE].
• If you participate in three or more demos or tournaments you can earn an additional three raffle tickets.
• Anyone that actually wins one of our many tournaments throughout the day will earn even more raffle tickets (in addition to other prize support dependent on each individual tournament).
• For every $10 you spend throughout the day, you will earn another raffle ticket.
• If you spend at least one hour running a demo for the store (email me at ChaseLaq@gmail.com if you're interested) you can earn three more raffle tickets.

Obviously, the more tickets you win the better the chances you have to win one of our prize packages. Prize packages will be broken up into the five categories listed below. You can choose to split up your raffle tickets into the different prize package categories.

• Games Workshop
• Magic the Gathering
• Board Games
• Dungeons & Dragons
• XBOX Center

Furthermore, we’ll be doing smaller raffles throughout the day that will be awarded to anyone who is actually at the store when the raffle is drawn.

Come spend the day with your friends at Battleground and help celebrate the Plainville store in style!

Last year's Grand Opening was one of the most fun events of the year, this one is sure to be bigger and better!  Don't miss it!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:49:01 PM by Battleground »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Wondrb0y

Any thoughts on what games you guys will be demoing?  Just war-games or any board games in the mix?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
We will definitely have various board game and card game demos running periodically throughout the day.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
i want to try and make it. this seems like it is going to be an awesome day.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
This was awesome. one of the best days in a while. I don't usually go to Plainville so it was nice to meet and talk to new people. There was so much to do and so much going on. I was very happy with all the work i got done on my titan. It was great to see everyone having a great day. ;D
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
I definitely had a good time yesterday. My only regret is not having enough time to do everything! Lots and lots of people I would have liked to have spent more time with.

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
I wish I could have made it, but when I got there was no where to park. Even illegally (I thought of it, but due to the other law breakers, had I done it too there was no way in hell any one could leave!). Hell, I even circled the lot for about 30 minutes and then moved on. If only PV had more parking available!

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
I would be interested in demoing a few board games and have quite a lot available:
 Munkin, Ticket to Ride, Torres, Carcasonne, Cafe International, just to name a few.
I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.