Author Topic: Minutemaaaaannnnnnn!  (Read 2322 times)

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Minutemaaaaannnnnnn!
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »
I hope my fellow Cygnar players were able to get one of these recently. Anyone use him to amusing effect yet? I thought of a funny trick you can do with him. You can do it with any jack ir beast with an open fist, but the Minuteman can do it easily thanks to his leap. Jump behind an opposing warjack or beast and perform a weapon lock. It totally screws that model for its coming activation. Locked models can't advance meaning he can't change facing, and once it inevitably breaks the lock it can't attack the Minuteman since he's not in its melee range. Obviously its situational, but could be fun.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
Re: Minutemaaaaannnnnnn!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »
only problem is, what is the strength on a minuteman? 7? You will probably on be able to pull that off against other lights. Although, against something like a troll axer, that would be pretty damn lolsy. I would love to hear any good stories, i would also love to squish one of them with a freebooter, but that is probably just a gut reaction to anything with flak field. Good luck!
Tau theme song, "jump around"

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
Actually to lock the weapon you only need to hit the model. And yeah, the lock will most likely be broken during the opposing model's activation, but once broken it won't be able to do anything else if you're in the back arc. It can't change its facing based on the order of operations for a locked model. And while it will have its initial attacks, if you set up correctly then it won't have anyone to attack.

It isn't the best tactic at all times, but if there's something the Minutemen is close to that you don't want to deal then its certainly viable.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
face palm, shows how much i know. That is actually pretty lolsy, imagine doing that to something like beast 09, or big B. Good luck with that, jut make sure the enemy doesn't have something behind the two models that can take out hte minuteman before the locked model activates.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:17:31 PM »
Big b would just shot it's like what he's best at

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »
I need to get one of these guys... is the model metal or plastic?  I love me some cygnar light jacks, but I very much prefer metal.

And what is it's RAT?  I love the POW 14 guns (4"?!? Can I snipe that, please?), but I certainly don't want to boost to hit...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:15:40 PM by NateT »

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
I need to get one of these guys... is the model metal or plastic?  I love me some cygnar light jacks, but I very much prefer metal.

And what is it's RAT?  I love the POW 14 guns (4"?!? Can I snipe that, please?), but I certainly don't want to boost to hit...

He is metal thankfully since his list price is like $24.

He's MAT and RAT 6. He's got the Grenadier stat line. As long as you're going after heavies MAT/RAT 6 is good enough -- unless you HAVE to succeed. He's got a great toolbox though. If models are high DEF and low ARM he just blows them up with the flak field. For other harder targets he's got his slug guns, throws and weapon locks at his disposal.

I can't wait to run him with Kraye. Full Tilt + Iron Horse + Bounding Leap = ridiculous movement. You could move up to 23" and use the flak field since it isn't a part of your combat action.

Siege should be fun too. Flak Field + Breach is pretty sweet. The POW 6's vs models within 2" (never mind the 12's vs models in b2b) when he flaks off will hurt models with ordinarily high ARM. I think Sloan has a lot of synergy with him too.

I recommend grabbing one. He's one of the best lights in the faction. Now its back to the waiting for the Avenger/Centurion/Hammersmith kit drops. I want Avengers so bad.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »
My dad told me the fence is white so that means minutemen are good and pirates are as good as pop eyed goldfish in a nice aquarium.
Tiger's Den founding member

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
Wise words.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email