Author Topic: Question about beastmen  (Read 2345 times)

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Question about beastmen
« on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »
Couple questions regarding Beastmen. Firstly of which, can the Chaos armies (Deamons, WoC, Beastmen) ally with each other. It's been a while but I think I remember something like this, allies taking up Special slot maybe?
And secondly, in a tournament setting, does the extra 300 points make them any better, or is there no saving this army until a new book is released?

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Re: Question about beastmen
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »
They cannot ally with anyone else.  That was the old 6th ed. book.  None of the chaos books can ally now.

the extra points and rule changes help, I believe 8 or 9 countries took them to ETC last year with the bonuses, but they are still below average.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »
Well rumor has it that the next edition of Fantasy will include allies like in 40k, but I don't think that will happen until 2015.

However it's very possible for Beastmen to get a new army book sometime this year, but GW has been doing a good job keeping their projects secret. Either way they will inevitably make a comeback, it's just a question of when.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
They cannot ally with anyone else.  That was the old 6th ed. book.  None of the chaos books can ally now.

Yea, 6th was when I stopped playing and although I played Vampire Counts I thought I remembered Warriors and Daemons kicking ass together. No such luck these days, oh well.

Couple questions regarding Beastmen. Firstly of which, can the Chaos armies (Deamons, WoC, Beastmen) ally with each other. It's been a while but I think I remember something like this, allies taking up Special slot maybe?
And secondly, in a tournament setting, does the extra 300 points make them any better, or is there no saving this army until a new book is released?

Not sure I like allies, but if it is done, I'd like to see it more restricting then 40k is. Too many armies are battle brothers with each other and even allies of convenience have really no negative downside. There use to be Dogs of War which were kinda cool but could be expanded upon.

So even though Beastmen suck hard now, I might start collecting and painting. Getting real tired of painting mostly one colored space marines and vehicles. And by the time I'd be anywhere near fielding a sizable army there will most likely be a new edition or two, probably new models from a different army I'd like to play as instead. Damn my indecisiveness.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »
Yep, and for all we know Beastmen could drop out of nowhere next month. Last year GW released a combined 10 new army book/ codices.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:19:42 PM by MM3791 »

Bkyle

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »
There are some rules for allies in the back of the Warhammer rulebook but it's written more for playing in teams with separate armies.  In a pick up game or scenario they are a lot of fun to use and you can have Beastmen ally with the other Chaos factions.  I've been to a doubles tournament that used a modification of the allies rules and that was also a blast. 

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:47:44 PM »
They are cool looking. I've often considered getting some myself. Then I remember how bad they suck and how much I hate watching my army run off the table because of bass leadership.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
Well maybe then I'll just collect Warriors of Chaos or Ogres. Higher point models so I don't need to spend as much to get a sizable force.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:26 PM »
Well maybe then I'll just collect Warriors of Chaos or Ogres. Higher point models so I don't need to spend as much to get a sizable force.

Those are both very good armies  8)