Author Topic: Rumored 3/22 pre-order kits with week1 release for the Guard  (Read 5800 times)

chrisocasio

• Email
Re: Rumored 3/22 pre-order kits with week1 release for the Guard
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
Currently, the IG FAQ says the Hydra only has the 'skyfire' rule, so snapshots at anything not a flying monstrous creature, skimmer, or flyer. Additionally, anything it shoots at cannot get a jink save due to its auto-targeter. A lot of people, myself included, are hoping they add interceptor to it or at least allow it to fire full BS at both regular and skimmer/flying targets. After all, it's been common practice in regular warfare for AA guns to be using as light antitank when needed seeing as they are often capable of traversing down to being parallel with the ground.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
If the space marine hunter tank is any indicator, it will only be able to skyfire and will not have interceptor.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
If the space marine hunter tank is any indicator, it will only be able to skyfire and will not have interceptor.

Hopefully GW has learned their lesson and realizes "hey, I bet we'd sell more models if we actually makes it worth a damn!"

Crazy talk I tell you

IG Dan

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 02:19:30 AM »
This release has me excited for 40k. The Storm Trooper models look cool, the truck is screaming to be converted to an awesome halftrack, and the leaked cover looks a hell of a lot like Ibram Gaunt, which gives me a good feeling about the fluff side and hopefully regimental doctrine's return.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »
Doctrines would be nice to see again. I play Steel Legion so doctrines aren't really necessary as long as infantry platoons still have access to chimera's and conscripts are still in the codex.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »
There's a post on naftka about a rule for the shield toting ogyrun. They basically can go immobile for a turn and provide a 4+ cover save. Similar to a mobile aegis defense line. This sounds interesting especially if they can get a transport, having a deployable aegis could be helpfulness with my mechig if the points are right.
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
There's some new stuff up about the Taurox & prime:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/03/militarum-tempestus-taurox-and-scion.html?m=1

Taurox doesn't seem useful for 5pts more you can get a chimera. Unless there's more info missing like fast or assault added to them. The prime looks interesting depending on weapons costs could be a cheap battle cannon shot for a rhino + 2 marines. Hopefully more info will be out this week.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »
I took a look at the rules for the new stuff in the weekly white Dwarf. The taurox is 50 points and comes with a twin linked autocannnon. It can re roll dangerous terrain tests and take all the standard IG upgrades. The prime version costs 80 points and does not come with a Leman Russ battle cannon. It comes with a taurox battle cannon which is strength 7 AP 4 small blast. It has another new gun called the hot shot volley gun which is a strength 4 AP 3 24" Salvo 2/4 gun. These come standard as side sponsons. You can switch them out for twinlinked auto cannons for free. Its also BS 4 and a fast vehicle. It's only taken as a dedicated transport for the new Tempestuous Scion models which I guess are going to replace them storm troopers.

There's a couple interesting things about them. They are taken like an infantry platoon with a command squad and everything.  The command squad can issue orders. The scions cost 12 points a model and they can take those hot volley guns as special weapons. The biggest change it seems is that they can now "first rank fire second rank fire" their hot shot Las guns.

So yeah these guys can put out a whole lotta AP 3 dakka. They can't take a whole lotta dakka but they can put it out. Anyway all the rules are in the new mini dwarf if anyone wants to try them out.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
The prime is also fast. A prime with the Gatling cannon and the side hotshot will be popular for 14 twin linked shots.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »
The new weekly white dwarf had some pictures of cards.you can get with all the orders on them. There's some new ones.that seem pretty usefully. There's an order that lets a unit shoot then run, one that lets you split fire, one that gives you the precision shot special rule, and another that gives you pinning. So far the new guard codex is shaping up to be pretty good. I don't think it's going to be a repeat of Tyranids and Dark Angels. We'll know for sure Friday when it comes out.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
I'm excited as well. I'm going to have to re-think my army a bit, chimera's going up by 10, battle psyker's getting nerfed. On the plus it looks like armored sentinels are going rock.

I'm going to be picking up a Hydra, I don't care if they suck I've been wanting one for year's and didn't really want to have to deal with re shaping the forge world ones to make them straight.

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
I heard a rumor that Veteran Squads can no longer take a 3rd special weapon. Is that true?
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »
Natfka's saying they've dropped to 60points and can take 1 HW and 2 SW and the special options they can take remain the same.

BOLS, made the claim that the new Wyvern puts the Griffon to shame. I don't see it, a single S6 AP4 large blast re-roll scatter, seems better to me than 4 blast S4 AP6 ignore cover, shred templates.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:51:49 PM by jhobin »

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:55 AM »
That is definitely a questionable statement about the Griffon. Though I suppose with the amount of T3 infantry everywhere lately, it could be pretty effective. I hate it when things have Ignore Cover and weak AP, honestly. "This weapon is powerful enough that even the most stalwart stone outcropping will do nothing to stop it...okay make your flak armor save"
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »
That is definitely a questionable statement about the Griffon. Though I suppose with the amount of T3 infantry everywhere lately, it could be pretty effective. I hate it when things have Ignore Cover and weak AP, honestly. "This weapon is powerful enough that even the most stalwart stone outcropping will do nothing to stop it...okay make your flak armor save"

I'd rather have people making tests on their 4+/5+ armor than a 2+ behind an aegis or a 3+ after going to ground in area.