Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Singles Tournament - 8/2  (Read 6709 times)

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Singles Tournament - 8/2
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
How many people are signed up so far?

Also, how do you plan on playing the Necron Catacomb Command Barge/Phase Shifter issue? There is some debate about whether Or not the 3+ invulnerable save affects the vehicles profile as well as the Overlord due to the wargear description and the rulebook stating that chariots should be considered one model. It would be nice to know so I can build my list accordingly.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 04:29:22 PM »
17 people as of right now.  Lists were due Monday, so if you're planning to play, email me a list now.

Q:
Catacomb Command Barge - do wounds allocated to the chariot still get the 3+ invulnerable from the phase shifter?

Necron Codex pg 82 - Phase Shifter - A model with a phase shifter has a 3+ invulnerable save.

BRB - second paragraph under Chariots - A Chariot is an unusual unit with a dual profile – a non-vehicle profile for the rider of the Chariot (see below), and a vehicle profile for the Chariot itself. However, a Chariot is always treated as a single model.

A:
Interesting question! I think [he's] got it right; if they're treated as a single model, and if things like Ever-Living Protocols affect the chariot, I think the phase shifter would as well.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Tsilber

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 10:11:11 PM »
How many people are signed up so far?

Also, how do you plan on playing the Necron Catacomb Command Barge/Phase Shifter issue? There is some debate about whether Or not the 3+ invulnerable save affects the vehicles profile as well as the Overlord due to the wargear description and the rulebook stating that chariots should be considered one model. It would be nice to know so I can build my list accordingly.

Are you serious? Does that mean a Chapter master with a storm shield inside a land raider gives the land raider a 3+ invul? cmon.. you know how its suppose to run. Or Azreals 4++ invul for any unit he joins confers to the storm raven he's riding in? You should be ashamed of yourself Rob lol.

EDIT: original reason I came to the boards. Chase LIST EMAILED! See you saturday boys and gals.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:12:43 PM by Tsilber »

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 01:27:31 AM »
As soon as the rules say that a Chapter Master and his land raider are considered to be one model for all purposes, then yes. Until that day, no.

fiesta0618

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
What time do we expect this to wrap up?  If it will be done by 5:30, I can do it (and I would very much like to)

Tsilber

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 10:23:41 AM »
As soon as the rules say that a Chapter Master and his land raider are considered to be one model for all purposes, then yes. Until that day, no.
hahah, okay. No matter to me either way.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 05:09:48 PM »
What time do we expect this to wrap up?  If it will be done by 5:30, I can do it (and I would very much like to)

It should be done at or before 530.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Tsilber

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 01:23:10 PM »
 Had a great time. Nice to see a lot of faces again. And Grats to SIMON! SOB got it done... and he played Sisters Of Battle also. (see what i did there? I made a funny)

Great turnout, my Daemons are now going on the shelf for a while, what a great run with them. From Winning Onslaught GT to about 1 year worth of placing and showing in 11 tournaments (including 3 best painting and 7 first places) at the Wiz, BattleStandard, Time Machine, and Battlegrounds tournies.

So whats next....

COBRA themed IG! (well unless Dark Eldar come out by the end of the year, or before I can finish IG)

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »
I had a great time as well.  3 fun games with 3 fun people.  Look forward to the next one.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
So whats next....

COBRA themed IG! (well unless Dark Eldar come out by the end of the year, or before I can finish IG)
Can't wait to see this.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

andalucien

• God
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »
I saw a guy at Nova who had a fully GI Joe IG army.  It was pretty neat... Cobra even better
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
Had a great time. Nice to see a lot of faces again. And Grats to SIMON! SOB got it done... and he played Sisters Of Battle also. (see what i did there? I made a funny)

Great turnout, my Daemons are now going on the shelf for a while, what a great run with them. From Winning Onslaught GT to about 1 year worth of placing and showing in 11 tournaments (including 3 best painting and 7 first places) at the Wiz, BattleStandard, Time Machine, and Battlegrounds tournies.

So whats next....

I'm also starting a Vostroyan regiment while waiting for DE's new book (hopefully november!). Cheers!