Author Topic: Stompa and the rest of LoW in 7th  (Read 1466 times)

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
Stompa and the rest of LoW in 7th
« on: July 22, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
How do people feel about the Stompa? It's in the codex,it's also in the rulebook, therefore is completely legal to bring into a game. I think it's fun to see Lords of War on the Tabletop. I brought my stompa out the other day and my opponent had a good time.

They're fun to play with, it's awesome having immense firepower. They're also fun to play against, takes tons of strategy. I'm wondering what the community thinks! Thanks!

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
Re: Stompa and the rest of LoW in 7th
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
I like them, but it seems like the general consensus is to comp them out for the time being. I'm wondering how Ghazghull will be treated now that he's a Lord of war.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »
"Compa the stompa." In case you needed a catchy slogan.

fiesta0618

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
I've never loved LoWs,  but I've come to realize that my only objection is area-of-affect strength D weaponry.  Most of the LoWs are totally cool, like the Stompa, Baneblade, or Warhound without turbo-lasers.  They still don't really suit my playstyle, but I don't object to seeing them.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:11:30 PM »
Keep in mind that 7th ed nerfed D weapons, so cover saves & invulnerable saves may be taken as normal (unless you roll a 6 on the D chart). So they are really not too different then any other AP1 blast weapon.