Author Topic: We are the watchers on the wall (8/2 tourney report)  (Read 993 times)

MM3791

• God
We are the watchers on the wall (8/2 tourney report)
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
"One thousand nations of the Riptide empire descend upon you.. our nova fusion will block out the sun.."

"Then we will fight in the shade"

<Que heavy metal music with a Land Raider Squadron barreling across the battlefield>

Da da da da na na na da lol
===========================================================

So I learned a good deal about 7th ed during the BG tourney, gone are the days of death stars it seems, because of turn based objectives it's a lot better to be able to cover as much ground as possible. Vehicles  can be pretty damn tough too. I played as Fire Legion, a rogue force of ex grey knights with 3 LR Redeemers(got a light?). Here are some pictures of my first game.

Crowe and his Land Raiders fan out and move forward while eating Riptastic fusion fire along the way. The metal beasts take hits but keep on rollin' forward. The Skyray is erased from existence by psy-naught fire. Too the far right corner(not shown) are a group of deamons sitting there playing with themselves.. this results in more daemons.

After a few turns the Land Raiders and Riptides are losing HP & wounds (respectively). The left Riptide suffers a few nova failures and the right Riptide is lit up like a christmas tree with assault cannon, multi-melta, and psy-naught fire.. the fingers of the pilots of Fire Legion never leave the trigger(ammo shells spray everwhere). The game is extremely tense right now, both Riptides are down to a single wound and my Land Raiders are starting to emit black smoke. If I can kill the Riptides then I can roll into the fort and kill the hiding buffmander and broadside units. Daemons are still on the other side of the board (not shown) are still playing with themselves.

Unfortunately with some really bad luck on my part, and really good luck on my opponents part.. both my left and center land raider explode, but I manage to kill the Riptide on the right with more shooting. My last Land raider on the far right erupts liquid fire from both flamestorm cannons and BBQs two separate fire warrior squads at the same time(they were hiding in the fort with the buff mander and broadsides.)

My last Land raider on the right dies when all the daemon diddling spawns a KOS and rips my land raider in half. There was also a summoned bloodthirster randomly walking around the field but not doing anything.  In all the death and destruction a last fire warrior squad tries to capture an objective but is mowed down by a vengeful psy-naught in the backfield.

The game was fun, and my opponent was awesome. I need to manage objectives better, and definitely take daemon hammers next time. If I had some daemon hammers then the Riptides would've been assaultable with my GK squads(from the LR) and the Land Raiders would've survived the game.

I also realized after the tournament that the GK primer spell "banishment" is CUMULATIVE, so if successfully cast multiple times, it can turn a 2++ daemon into a 6++ lol. I predict that many imperial armies will take some allied GK to banish any deathstar daemons. It seems that GW wants both GK and daemons to be common ally detachments this edition. Also Grey Knights are rumored to be the next codex after Space Wolves so it will be interesting to see how the codex is adjusted to fit 7th. "Fire Legion's sacrifice was not in vain" says a shadowy figure back on the Legion homeworld.. "they will be avenged"  ;)

Finally, here is a random picture of Fire Legion fighting some space dwarfs, enjoy!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:13:36 PM by MM3791 »