Author Topic: PC Adventure Feedback  (Read 2537 times)

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
PC Adventure Feedback
« on: January 08, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
What kind of adventure do you want to have?  Dungeon crawls?  Political intrigue?  Pirates at sea?  Do you want some heavy combat?  Big monsters?  Tons of little guys?  Do you want to fight orcs and orc kind or humans or dragons or undead?  What do you think is cool?

In general I write adventures that I think would be fun to play in or have locations and monsters I think are interesting.  I don't usually write them with the intention of killing the party, except when Rick picks in me and forces my hand.  I'd like to take some player suggestions on stuff you'd like to see in the game.

Let me know what sorts of places you'd like to go or things you'd like to see happen or people you'd like to meet.  Let me know what sorts of monsters you'd like to fight and what sorts of treasures you want to collect.  What kind of heroes do you want to be?  I'll do my best to get some of the suggestions into the game.

skavengear

Re: PC Adventure Feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »
id like to fight like one giant creature like an elder dragon or something of that caliber.
id also like to try a 3.5 game after this if the gang is down with a blast from the past campaign before dark sun :D

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
What's Dark Sun?

It's been a while since I read the Shackled City book so I don't remember the details anymore... in case someone wants to borrow my book and run it...  plenty of 3.5 goodness there.... wink, wink.

As for this campaign, for a change of pace we might try leading an army and fighting a war.  We had some interesting strategy discussions at the end of the last game just trying to trap and kill one guy.  Imagine somebody like that with thousands of minions, and we will never know exactly where they all are, what they're up to, or what their goal is.  Heck, in a war you don't even know where your own guys are some of the time.  I know that didn't work so well in Ben's game, but it's a brand new day (and a new edition) so it might work better this time.  We can even throw in the giant creature/ elder dragon for fun and fight it along with our army (Dragon Age, anyone?)

And for my character:

-personal harem of comely wenches (because it's good to have something to fight for, and to come home to)   ;D

"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
Well, you can go out and hire yourself a harem pretty much at will...

I can work in some major battles if you'd like, but I think I'll have to come up with some homebrew rules for it.  WAAAAY back in 2nd ed. I ran some mass combats using the 2e core rules as the base, and I think they went really well.  That set of rules was a bit more abstract, however, and having the main adventurers mixed in with the armies didn't cause any problems.

4e is so focused on small skirmishes it might be difficult to meld the players and their armies together and have them mesh in meaningful ways, but I'll give the matter some thought.

Anyway, fighting one huge creature isn't too hard a thing to bring into the game.  That I can manage easily, I think.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:24:19 AM »
Well, if this ever ends, i wouldnt mind making a 3.5 dungeon crawl ^^ with some semi plot. I love making dungeons and interesting fights. But it wouldnt really be that story heavy cause if i try that i will go over board and having you end up fighting demon lords >.> cause demons are awsome
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
Tom as the GM has a lot of potential for Awesome.