Author Topic: Smurf Marines  (Read 3714 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Smurf Marines
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »

http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/home

For those that weren't yet aware of this.....Ultra Marines The Movie.
Someone please go tell Roboute Guilliman that they are ready for him in wardrobe.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
Re: Smurf Marines
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »
sadly this will prolly end up in production limbo then dumped like the Bloodquest movies was
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »
sadly this will prolly end up in production limbo then dumped like the Bloodquest movies was

Agreed. They tried to make movies before but it just fell throough. It would be awsome if it was done right.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »
The reason it would be hard to do right, which I read on a forum a long time ago and completely agree with, is the backstory that would be required.  When someone goes to a 2 and a half hour movie, they expect to be introduced and immersed in the story and see it through to the end.  Look at Warhammer - you could fill a small library with the backstory of the Space Marines alone.  A movie about them would need to be on the scale of Lord of the Rings, and people just wouldn't go to a movie that big when it's not rooted in a well known series.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 02:05:33 AM »
I agree with rob. It would have to be LoTR length and cover lots of detail in s dtory arc only 40k players really know about.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:38 AM »
I agree with rob. It would have to be LoTR length and cover lots of detail in s dtory arc only 40k players really know about.

...... or it'll just end up being like Starship Troopers, where you're thrown into the middle of a story, and it's all about people running around shooting aliens.

... And Doogie Houser telling you how important it is to stay healthy... :P
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »
well it has a small chance of comeing out sence its supposed to be a 70 minute direct to DVD CGI animated movie so the budget and production costs are low.

its big problem lies with GW who are so terrified that someone will make money off there products or that they will loose money off them that they tend to start yelling lawsuit when anyone dose anything they didnt give them premission for.

if someone who was excited about this movie tried to post a short backround on 40K to get people interested in the movie they might just get a notice from GW threatening them with legal action for infringing on there creative license.

heck they recently started getting on peoples asses about fan made gameing aids like a printout that has the most common special rules on it for refrance and markers to note which units are pinned or falling back.

So basicly GW just likes screwing over there real fans who are trying to make there games better.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
GW loves to screw over their fans and costomers. Its their job.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
So Steve, did you ever get back to GW about those backpacks? :D
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

deathwatch101

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 12:21:43 AM »
Knowledge is Power,Guard it Well

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »
So Steve, did you ever get back to GW about those backpacks? :D

yes I did actualy. Next on my to do list is to bitch at them for defective tank treds they gave me for my Damoclease rhino.

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:56 AM »

...... or it'll just end up being like Starship Troopers, where you're thrown into the middle of a story, and it's all about people running around shooting aliens.

... And Doogie Houser telling you how important it is to stay healthy... :P

I know this is completely off topic...well maybe not when I'm done posting...but SST was an awesome movie.  SST2 not so much and SST3 was pretty decent.  SST animated series was decent too.

I think it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, becomes of a Smurf film.  It could either be really good or really bad.  So hard to tell at this stage.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »
I disagree! SST = Awesome, SST 2 = decent enough, SST 3 = complete and utter crap. Seriously, even I am calling this movie crap, and I tend to love crap movies. Get some standards!