Author Topic: Hordes MK2  (Read 3024 times)

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Hordes MK2
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »
I find it slightly funny that when they made the MK2 rules they said games were going to be quicker and more deadly, or however the PP guys said their jargon. But when I saw the list of Hordes figures for MK2 released as an update I am able to actually bring MORE Warbeasts then I was previously. In what was the 500pt games before I was bringing around 9 Warbeasts and the Warlock, now in MK2 50pt games with the Warlocks being free and providing bonus WarBeast points I am bringing 14 Warbeasts with Vayl and 13 with Absylonia. Is this the same for any of the Warmachine armies as well?

Here's the link to the Updated Model Rules off of Privateer Press' Site: http://privateerpress.com/files/Hordes_Jan_29.pdf
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:42:53 PM by Lykosan »

Thornosac

• Email
Re: Hordes MK2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:52 PM »
35 points is closer to the old 500, 50 is like 750.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:35:29 AM »
Hmmm if 50 pts is closer to the 750 then they did manage to cut down the amount of stuff I'd bring cause in the 750 point range I use to be able to bring about 20 Beasts and my Warlock. In 35pt range I can take just about what I took before. The List is now Vayl, Carnivean, Trygon, Seraph, and 5 Shredders; I lose 3 Warbeasts in the new edition 2 Shredders and a Teraph. Even with Absylonia I only lose those same models.

We should get a game in Mike, can you make it on a Tuesday night?

skavengear

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:56:23 PM »
ive been looking at playing horde at the store. is there a decent enough player base and how big point wise is the average game?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »
Both hordes and warmachine are switching over to a new system in which the points are completely different.  Formerly this was a system based on games using a 350,500,750 game size.  Now the conversion is to a 15,20,50 point system. 

But still the game is very easy to get into and learn.  Also, relatively low in cost compared to the GW games.  As for the player base.... Well there are a few players just no one too dedicated to playing on a regular basis.  Actually there are a couple of guys in there on Monday nights that play fairly often. 

skavengear

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
im thinking of trying the druid circle, any idea what the average points are gonna be for bg's games? unfortunately the world guardian dont come out till july and im still painting blood angels :'(

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »
battlebox games are usually the best starting point for any new player.  For Circle you would be looking at non-epic Kaya, a Warpwolf, and two argus (two headed wolves).  You could just start by picking up around 12 points worth of models.  This is a little tuff unless you research it online first.  The point costs for the current mk II hordes models is post on the privateer website.  The important information to note is that in Mk II your warcaster/warlock does not actually cost any points, you just pick your caster and use the points to field your army.  Each caster will alot you bonus points, these are listed on their information cards.  These bonus points are used to get warbeasts only.  So, in reality a 12 point game with kaya who gives you a bonus 6 points for your warbeasts is actually more like an 18 point game.

If you choose to not go with a battle box though, I would suggest you research the models a bit.  I have a Circle army and they are fairly easy to play and learn with.  Their Forces can vary alot from player to player, some do constructs and some like the big Werewolf armies.  Its up to you on what you think looks cooler though in the end

skavengear

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »
i liked:
kormac the ravenous as war caster
gnarlthorn satyr, world guardian, and warpwolf stalker in that order as warbeasts
and druids of orboros as units.

id probablly want only a skirmish size game anyways because gw decided death company only comes with 5 models each but costs the same as 10...

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »
I'd be interested in getting back ito Hordes when the new edition come's out. I have a small everblight army, just the starter and teraph, seraph, and thangrosh (he's to cool!)

Not much time with a little one but I'd like to get back into it.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »
I'd love to see Warmachine and Hordes come back and get popular at BG again.  The game is too solid and the models are too nice.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
I'm around and looking for games. Feel free to PM me and set something up.
beep bop boop

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
After mt 2 GT's I definitly want to look into getting into this game.  Seems like it could be fun.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »
So they launched Hordes MK 2? I need it for my Circle army if i can every find where it was put due to renevations on my house and the solo Dwarf with the pissed off Polar bear who will work with my Rhulic Dwarves.