Author Topic: Battletech Campaign  (Read 4145 times)

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Battletech Campaign
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »
I'm looking to start a Battletech Campaign going. Not sure yet how its going to be done, map, resource based or what. But it will be Clan based either Wolf in Exile, Ghost Bear, or Nova Cat during 3067 and slowly going forward as the unit moves from campaign to campaign. No one will need to buy anything I'm going to supply the 'mechs the maps and the sheets. Just looking for people who are interested and can make it either once or twice a month. Any questions post'em and I'll answer them as quick as I can.

Earl

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: Battletech Campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »
You know my answer and what Clan I prefer Earl :)

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:09:09 AM »
HAIL   GOV. COL. PADA VINSON!!

the Vigilantes shall rise again!
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »
Campaign Setup

Campaign going to be using the War-chest point system from Dawn of the Jihad and will be following events during the Jihad.

Starting force will be a Reinforced Trinary(5 Stars) worth of equipment. Unit from the Wolves in Exile's Second-line 3rd Wolf Guardians, on loan to the WiE Watch(Intelligence Agency). Unit will be going all over the place following the Wolfs Dragoons and Kell Hounds on Intelligence gathering runs and other such missions.

Any questions?

Earl
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 01:09:45 AM by Earl »

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:46:25 AM »
...so no vigilantes?
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »
eh if you want, put a force together.

Earl

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
CGB Force
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »
Clan Ghost Bear, Theta Galaxy, Third Bear Regulars, Supernova(insert name here)
Trinary Mechs, Binary of Battlearmor

Warchest Points-1,137

Mech-Battle Value-Pilot/Gunnery

Warhammer IIC4-2386-3/1
Stone Rhino 3   -3072-4/5
Archer IIC        -2628-2/3
Arctic Wolf       -1511-2/2
Highlander IIC   -2979-3/3
Packhunter       -1369-4/1
Packhunter       -1369-2/3
Rifleman IIC 3   -1733-2/3
Kodiak             -2856-4/3
Mad Dog          -3138-4/3
Mad Cat Mk II   -2351-4/3
Shadow Cat     -2156-4/4
Ursus              -1778-1/3
Black Hawk KU  -1982-4/3

Point-Gunnery/Swarm

Golem Star(875 per point)
Alpha-1
Bravo-0
Charlie-3
Delta-2
Echo-2

Elemental Star(447 per point)
Alpha   -3/1
Bravo  -1/1
Charlie -1/2
Delta   -1/2
Echo   -2/2
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:28:55 PM by Earl »

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Next Game Battletech 1/21/08
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
Next game/session/mission what have you will be held on January, 21st a Wednesday around 5-6ish to get this thing off the ground and going. Anyone interested can hop on in and play on either side. Any questions post the here or pm me.

Earl
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:35:09 PM by Earl »

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
Ok so a new start to this thing. You guys and anyone who wants to play, will be a Mech Trinary (15 Mechs) from one of Clan Ghost Bears second line units(We'll choose which one later). The campaign is going to start with your unit fighting Clan Hell's Horses during early 3064 and move forward from there with your unit eventually fighting Word of Blake out in Kurita space.
This campaign is going to be using the Chaos Campaign track system. Its simple and just crunchy  enough. So the unit can grow or shrink and be all kinds of interesting. The game will still happen every third Wednesday every month.  Any questions post them here and I'll answer them.

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
The Defense of the Ammo Dump could've gone better. In the end the ammo dump was destroyed and you lost the pilot of your Stone Rhino. The salvage of those Epona Tanks helped keep you in the good graces of Galaxy Commander Gerrard Hambash.The good news is the sharp end of the Hell's Horses advance has been blunted, and they are now reeling. The next step is to take the attack to them, and being one of the few full strength Supernovas left in the Galaxy and Cluster,  it has fallen to you to take the next mission.

The Hells Horses have set up a Command Center on the moon. It's your job to go up there and cripple the defense forces and take out the Command Center. This is going to be a tough nut to crack. The base is being defended by the 666th Mechanized Assault Cluster "War Cluster", they are one of the most Elite and heaviest units in the Horses Touman. But if you can take out the Command Center the Horses back will be broken in Santander V.

Rules
Low Gravity and vacuum Rules in Effect
HQ Building(Lvl 2 CF 80) within 5 hexes of one map edge 
Power Station(lvl 1 CF50) within 10 hexes of HQ

3rd Bear Regulars(attacker): You can use up to 100% of your total force for this one

666th Mechanized Assault(defender): Equals 100% of attackers force. Has 5 RAC 2 turrets (CF 60, 20 rounds per turret) placed before attacker deploys. Must be within 12 hexes of Power Station.

Also if we each bring Three Full Stars of Mechs were using Lance Initiatiative( each Star moves on its initiative tick as opposed to individual units)

Warchest

Track Cost: 700 WP
Optional Bonuses:
+250 Transport Glitch: One of the Dropships got hit and had to turn back.Attacker can only use 75% of total force
+400 Sandstorm: Blowing Sand Rules in Effect

Victory Bonuses
+600 Partial Victory: Complete One Objective
+1000 Total Victory: Complete All Objectives
-300 Total Defeat: Complete No Objectives

Objectives
1. Take out the System: Destroy Power Station and all Turrets
2  Sever System Coordination: Destroy HQ Building
3. Soften Em' Up: Destroy or Cripple at least 75% of Defenders Force.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:10:15 PM by Earl »

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 03:53:34 PM »
You managed to push the Horses off of the moon Just barely anyway. The cost in material was quite high to speak of nothing of the personal thats going to be laid up for a while.

Now on to something new. We need a small strike force to go and fight a Trial against the Horses. If we win this we'll get some sorely needed supplies from the them.  Win this and things will definitaly be looking birght for your future.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 07:41:10 PM »
Hey Earl!  OK, that was lots o fun!  I'm in, but we need to discuss what mechs are available.  At the BG they seemd to have two rulebooks, I'm going to pick up one of them tonight, as well as that Dark Age booklet of data sheets.  Just to have an Idea of what to look at.  When is a good time to meet to talk Mechs?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 11:47:44 PM »
hey ron, your looking for the other thread! the one thats stickied!
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

bozza

• Email
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 11:35:14 AM »
would be interested if its not full group yet