Author Topic: Summer Escalation League  (Read 2014 times)

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Re: Summer Escalation League
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
Actually would like to get some opinions on the time table that people would be interested in.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »
I'd be interested in playing in this league as well. What day(s) would me meet, or would we just say that the official league games are in the last week of the month? How would direct challenges be addressed?

I am assuming this is a league to help people gear up for the next MegaBattle, which we'll say for arguments sake is in February. That gives us 9 or so months.

The for each month increase in 500 point increments, assembled and painted. With the first month being May, and 500 points. Then June is 1000 points, July 1500 points, and August 2000 points, so on and so forth. This allows for a fairly quick, but doable, buying/building/painting rate for most people if they are starting from scratch.

Anyone have further thoughts?

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
This is a league that is not to help folks gear up for mega battle, but instead for its own enjoyment.

What usually happens is the league will run for 8 weeks or so, and first week you start out at say 500 points, increasing points each week by say 250 until the last week where people face off with 2250 points.

I am not sure if Troy is putting a painted requirement on this (i hope not) because I think he is looking for this for folks to be playing new armies, but that is how I am guessing this will go

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:17 AM »
This is a league that is not to help folks gear up for mega battle, but instead for its own enjoyment.

I could not of said this better myself.  This league has nothing to do with any mega battle or preperation in there of.  This league will be soley for the enjoyment of the league and bragging rights.

The way I am thinking of setting it up is using a star map that everyone will have a marker on.  How challenges will be made will be based on if you can attack the planet that someone is occupying etc.. 

Point escalation is still up in the air at the moment, I would like to run a 3 month campaign for all to enjoy.  Painting requirements will be very low because the main goal is to get people to play the game and have fun with the league.

There are 2 paths we can go here with this campaign.  We can set it up as a true escalation or we can leave it up to the players to decide how much to bring to each battle and make it more of a campain setting.  Either way will be loads of fun. 

Which would you all prefer?  True Escalation or Campaign where you decide as a player what to bring. 
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

skavengear

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 10:38:28 AM »
id play but id have to cap around 2000 points cuz ill be broke this summer :'(

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »
i'd prefer escalation

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
Either way, I am still interested in playing, although I am just now skirting 2000 points. I believe though that it is also important to establish what days are going to be available for play. We don't all work Mon-Fri 9-5. I need that information before I can determine if I will even be able to participate.