Author Topic: Battleground 40k Doubles Tournament 6/5/2010  (Read 9312 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Battleground 40k Doubles Tournament 6/5/2010
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2010, 02:04:47 AM »
The skies darken as the sounds of birds and insects chitter away into nothingness. A silent wind ghosts across the planet's surface, leaving behind pools of shadow and madness. Yellow eyes peer from the depths of tomb-like woods, as claws slide and scrape from behind ruined pillars and bullet-chewed ruins. The suns hide their faces behind a pall of undulating gloom that sweeps across the land, desperate to escape the nightmarish visions playing out on the ground below. Contorted, misshapen forms dance and cavort at the feet of grim monoliths, offering terrified mortal victims in orgies of violence as sacrifices to the looming obelisks. A fell green light flickers across their obsidian hulls as sheets of blood splash against them. Maniacal laughter and tortured moans mesh with a steadily growing hum of electricity, reaching a fevered pitch as a swirling green portal opens from the Abyss itself. Gleaming metal figures march forth from the wound in reality, death glowing in their cold eyes. The tallest amongst them steps forward, striding towards giant, wizened creature. One of the creatures heads turns to regard the newcomer, while the other burbles meaninglessly to the trees, the sky, the dead. The two figures glare at each other for a moment, as each gaze carefully weighs what it sees in the others soulless eyes. A moment later, the link is broken, and as one, all three heads turn towards the heavens. Distant pinpricks of light appear in orbit far above the planet, as streaks of fire lance down through the gloom of the atmosphere. Mortals armies converge and race to annihilate each other, heedless of the doom that awaits them below. Daemon and Necron melt back into the shadows, readying to rip the souls from their pathetic foes. The Burning Harvest has begun.

Awesome.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

skavengear

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »
my soul for dominance looks like the coolest scenario ive ever played, very fun!  ;D

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »
I finished editing the scenarios tonight.  They will all play exactly like the scenarios I've linked to in the first post.  The only things that have changed are a couple lines of text that clear up what would be confusion based on our event, the fact that it's straight 2v2, and our venue.

Remember, you will only be playing 3 of the 4 scenarios.  I will not be telling players which 3 before June 5th.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
the captain is back! (and has a new hat 8))

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
the captain is back! (and has a new hat 8))

Can't wait to see this!

By the way, are you going to put your picture on a orc warbanner like the Bryan Marine?

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »
The BUNNY!  I will d d d d d destroy  IT!  There will be no Heart shaped red fruit girls to save you this time!  I will crush the quadruped with the purple hair and tatoos under my feet!  I invoke the name of the pastery baker of DOOOOOM!!!!!!  Yes, there, I said it!  It matters not if you have the advice of the small blue bearded homonculous, it matters not if refracted sunshine shoots forth from the chest of furry bipeds!  My time has arrived!  I am the invoker of sad faces, I am the destroyer of spongey lillypads, I WILL BE THE END OF THE BUNNY OF FECUNDITY AND HIS PATHETIC DRUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Mr POPPLES

p.s.  don't bother brushing your teeth.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

skavengear

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2010, 09:39:14 PM »
all shooty armies are gonna love my new toy with an obnoxiously large weapon (it goes 3" off the base) bwahahhaha ;D

Khornagaunt

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »
Would anyone like to face off against us in a practice game or two the night before? Say around 7 on Friday night? My brother and I haven't played together in a while, so we could use the practice.