Author Topic: Dark Heresy: The New Thread  (Read 13779 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Dark Heresy: The New Thread
« on: July 30, 2008, 01:52:59 AM »
Time to start a thread again.  I want to go over just a couple things, and then we can use this to communicate about the game in or out.

First is the topic of players: Steve R. informed me that he won't be able to continue to play, so we are one out.  That brings our number to six, which still works well.  Cookie will be missing this Saturday, but only this one and has been very consistent with the rest.  As has Bob.  I've worked it out that I will be able to give Rich a ride so he will be able to be there, and I'm guessing Mike can as well.  So I just want to go over Murf and Eric.  Can you both make it?  Murf, I understand your job schedule is hectic as all hell, but you seem to have come to a level of certainty about it.  Will you be able to get the times on Saturdays off fairly often?  And Eric, you seem to be able to show up often so I just want to make sure.

Second is the issue of time.  We try to schedule it to start at 11:00 and end at 2:00 or so, giving us three hours of gaming.  We often end at 3:00, but still only get three hours most.  Because we start at 12:00 at the very earliest.  I set it to be 11 in the morning so that the afternoon could be spent playing Warhammer, as most of the players in this game play it as well.  But now we have people showing up at the right time and having to wait for an hour at the least while others show up.  Should I schedule the game to start at 12:00 instead, and end between 2:30 and 3:00 still giving us a good gaming session?  Whether or not I do, I am going to be starting gaming when we have 3 players.  That's half the party, and if an encounter happens it will be rough on them.  Parties count on all their players, without they are at much less strength in a still as deadly world.

Finally is a topic that may or may not affect the former two topics.  Should this game be bi-weekly?  We've been running it every week, and I like that as we keep a good pace.  However, I cannot tell whether people are finding it difficult to come to/come on time because we do it every week.  If it was switched to every other, would it be easier on people?  Bob, I believe out of all the players you have the longest drive and coming every week to find out you have an hour of boredom most likely is annoying.  Let me know, I am good doing either.

Once I can get a better idea if everybody is here, things will be easier to plan out.  You guys have been doing well not dying so far, but encounters will get harder (to my glee  ::) ) and as long as we have certain participation I can make sure they're overpowered just enough.

This thread can also be used to communicate between others, so use it to your advantage.  Next game is, as always, this Saturday at 11:00.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: Dark Heresy: The New Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:23:56 AM »
Level of certainty? With any luck they'll keep me on the 5pm-close shift, but as soon as I get my hopes up they mess with all my hours. So for the time being, yes i will likely be there. Besides with wolf missing it falls upon me to uphold the stormsword brother's record of stupid things.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
Well with no doubt youll most likly achieve that.

i will definetly be at BG tommorow for Dark Heresy.

As of the changing it to every other week i believe that once you have all the players in the room we all can decide on whether or not to do it every other. for me, having it every week isnt really difficult.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »
I'm good for tomorrow's meeting.  Should be there more or less on time.

I'd just as soon play every week, and continue the 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM schedule.  I like to leave time for 40K games after.  This is just a personal preference, but coming in at 11:00 and not having people show does get tedious.  If people aren't going to be able to make it, could they let folks know?

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »
Bad news. My house is getting inspected by the landlord and insurance company. I will be in if i can but parents have put me and sibling to work cleaning everything we can. Once again if i get freedom i'll be in
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 10:16:56 PM »
Y'all missed a tough fight, and a second fairly straight forward fight that started with two of the four party members starting out badly hurt.  Sefus lost an arm and a fate point.  Wolf gained two power swords, but undoubtedly earned them.   Rob got to play around quite a bit with the critical hit tables.

The primary opponent was the assassin we've been dealing with for the last two parties.  He was a nasty fellow with four artificial limbs.  He fought with two power swords.  Wolf has the swords.  Sefus is going to try to use the right arm.  With the males badly hurting, Wicke ended up charging ahead to engage the second wave with her sword while Wolf hung out in the rear and shot.  Talk about role reversal...

We found Psiah.  She had been converted into a servator, and was apparently being employed refining drugs.  The drug refinery was in a temple of the cult.  Very likely, next run we will be calling in a purge.

With a healthy XP award, Wicke has reach the branching of the psycher career paths, and is soon to commit to the Scholar path...

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 12:40:54 AM »
damnit! I wanted to be there today too! fucking landlord pulling this and messing with my gaming!
Thank you for this Chase

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 02:04:32 AM »
Good show today, guys.  You came close, but I'm glad you all pulled through one way or another.  Hopefully the next two weeks will help you decide what you want to do for the XP you got.

In case you weren't here or didn't get my message today, there will be no DH next Saturday, the 9th.  I will be in Baltimore enjoying Otakon  ;D.  So I'll see you all the Saturday after that, the 16th, to continue the adventure.  Again, nice job with all the work you did.  I'm sure it wasn't the easiest.

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
its actually prety cool that Synphus lost his arm because now...I GET CYBERNETICS!!!!,

Also, Rob, do you know where to buy the DH book the Fantasy Flight released?

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »
its actually prety cool that Synphus lost his arm because now...I GET CYBERNETICS!!!!,

Also, Rob, do you know where to buy the DH book the Fantasy Flight released?

Ask Derek the next time you see him.  If interest is shown, chances are he'll get a couple in for those waiting to buy them.  For anybody who didn't know, the price went up from the $50 it was to the $60 for this second printing.  It's still completely worth it, as it happens to be a very well put together and presented book (albeit a bit unorganized).

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 10:53:28 PM »
A silly question for Rob.

Are we at or near a major end of a major plot sequence at this point?  I've an absurd number of XP in hand, and could pick up Psi 3, but I don't like to gather a whole bunch of psychic powers over night.  If we are at or near the end of a plot, so Wicke can hit the books and meditating chambers for several days or weeks, I'll want to go for Psi 3.  If not, I'll spend the XP on a bunch of other smaller stuff.

Bob

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
Yes, I'd say you are at the end of a sequence.  You should feel safe gameplay- and story-wise getting psi 3.

The next game is scheduled to this upcoming Saturday, August 16, at 11:00 am.  We will start when 3 people arrive, so if you don't arrive then you may lose some gameplay.  My boss has informed me that on some Saturday he'll likely have me come in with little notice to set up a new thousand pound power supply system we're getting.  He said that it probably won't be this week, and I'm hoping it to be the week of the tournament.  That would be ideal for this.  Nevertheless, if you can, please check this Friday night to make sure.  I will call whoever's numbers I have to inform them, so if you haven't given me yours then you'll definitely need to check this.

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 11:49:39 PM »
just letting you guys know i have a hair appointment tommorow so ill be leaving around 10 and hopefully with no dead stop traffic i should be there 10:50 the earliest and no later than 11:15.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
Fearless Wolf?
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »
I sympathize with Cookie's comments yesterday that Wolf shouldn't quite be as much of a scardy cat.  Rather than look for a way to give him cheaper willpower, you might want to consider allowing him to purchase a talent or two out of sequence.  Take a look at either Fearless or Unshakable Faith.  Even if you charge extra points to allow the purchase, I think it would be a better approach than just increasing will.

Fearless has a drawback that if he wanted to withdraw from combat or avoid a fight, he would need a willpower test, which he would likely fail, but given that this is Wolf, those situations are not likely to come up.   ;D

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 05:11:13 PM »
This actually effects at least 3 of us in the group, myself and Rich being feral worlders as well.
Thank you for this Chase