Author Topic: Doubles Tournament Update (6.2.2010)  (Read 1103 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Doubles Tournament Update (6.2.2010)
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »
Some quick things about this Saturdays Doubles Event (June 5th, 2010)

- The Adepticon website is currently down.  I don't know if this is temporary or not.  If you have not already taken the time to check out the scenarios I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you can find them somewhere else.

- Due to the large turnout (20 teams, several standbys) we ask that you bring your stuff in and then move EVERYTHING you do not need to play your games back into the vehicle you came in.  The store is going to be very crowded and 40 peoples bags, boxes, backpacks, etc. laying around won't help that very much.  Anything you guys can do to help us keep the store less cluttered will be appreciated.

- Doors open at 9:00am, we are going to try our best to get things going at 10:00am.  Many teams have not actually paid for the event yet, so getting in early would be great.

- Sportsmanship will is something that will be scored and awarded.  It is also encouraged that everyone tries to make the experience as positive for everyone as possible.

- The Blood Angles Vindicator (sadly) will not use the large blast marker for this event.  I understand arguments for and against this very well.  My opinions have changed since I made the initial ruling but that ruling will remain.

- Blood for the Blood God and all that.

See you guys on Saturday.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Re: Doubles Tournament Update (6.2.2010)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »
I have found that if you cut and paste the link into the Google bar it brings it up fine. I just tried it again and it worked.
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

skavengear

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »
why must you smite me with your rulings chase, first no template, now i cant put my cardboard boxes on the floor so my opponents trip and have to go to the hospital so i win by default?  ::)

so how do we cart our stuff from table to table? i only got a rhino amd like 30 models so i can just carry in hand, but some armies need a landing craft just to move to the table to the right (guard, tau, orks) is it possible we just assign tables to teams and only the losers move? that way only half the teams are moving to reduce the amount of people moving in between rounds.

also, the adepticon stuff is easy to find, just google it for those of you who didnt read it yet.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »

so how do we cart our stuff from table to table

We understand that some players will need / want to use their bags, boxes, cases, backpacks, whatever to transport their armies to and from the tables.  We do have "trays" that we will let people use.  I just ask that everyone does their part to try and keep the store as clutter-free as possible.  It will be very crowded in here.

The more stuff that is left in vehicles the better, in my opinion.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
How will the scoring be done for this event?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Khornagaunt

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »
^What he said, but more in regards to "theme". Is that were you write a page about the armies alliance, have a common trend running through both armies, or what? I'm just wondering.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »
Scoring the scenarios, sportsmanship, and theme will be done just like the Adepticon scenarios / score sheets explain.

Sportsmanship is likely to result in a tie, in which case several factors will be used to break the tie.  These factors include (but aren't limited to) what we hear from your opponents, anything particularly outstanding about how your team handles themselves, and your battle points.

Theme is also likely to result in a tie.  The following factors will help break that tie:

Fluff - Both obvious and non-obvious fluff will be a key tie breaker.  Submitting a write up only helps, especially if it's cool.  Many of our previous winners have presented pretty incredible write ups.

How it looks on the table - Various Ultramarine Battle Companies fighting together is a pretty awesome theme, in my opinion.  Unified, painted, cool looking armies that appear as though they should be fighting together definitely helps here.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »
No painting for this tourny at all?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Oh yeah... (shows you how much I have to do with the painting scores, huh?)

Painting will be judged by Derek and / or Sue.  I'm not 100% sure what sort of criteria they will use.

Your painting score will not have any impact on your overall score.

Only players who wish to have their army scored will be scored.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
sadly, i cant enter the painting thingy this time because i can't paint 90 models all in one day, and

but some armies need a landing craft just to move to the table to the right (guard, tau, orks)

i have never had a problem moving my orks, i just use a land raider box

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »
alway posting to prove my point.

Bryan you are not just a bad ass, you are the bad ass.