Author Topic: One Battle to Rule Them All...  (Read 7009 times)

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
One Battle to Rule Them All...
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:14:23 PM »
A desparate alliance between the armies of Men and Elves have united...

They need an enemy though...

My friend and I are looking to play a slightly larger scaled, 2v2 game. We were thinking 3000pts per person for a total 6000pts per side. I will be playing my Empire, he'll be playing his High Elves.

I would like to try and add some of the other things that never get put into a regular game, like objectives/buildings and such.

We aren't picky about our opponents, preferably a team of evil doers, but in the end, we'd just like to play a team game at a larger scale.

So who dares attack us and forces us to band together in a desparate attempt to save the land?!?!

~Ben and Tim

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: One Battle to Rule Them All...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »
Filthy Man-things and Elf-things, the bell has rung your destruction. The Under-Empire marches.

I'll play you guys with the Skaven, I could probably fill the 6000pts myself by now if no other takers are present for the evil side. When were you wanting to try and get this game going?

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:41:37 PM »
The beasts will join. I can get 3000pts.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:27:09 AM »
Excellent! A fell army of Corrupted Beasts and foul Rat Men shall make perfect enemies for the alliance of Men and Elves!

As you know I am on Nantucket, but I will be home every so often. I just wanted to get some people planned out now so we can make a date, set it and hopefully make it.

When I do come back home, Friday will be pretty much the only day I can do... Does this work for you guys? I come home later on Thursday night and wouldnt be able to get to the store until 6-7ish(maybe later) and I have to leave early Saturday morning, I take the 7am ferry.

So what say you?!?

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
This Friday night works for me, I can get to the store at around 5pm and stay til whenever. Thursday not so much as I have a prior commitment on Thursday nights.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 08:39:20 AM »
If you guys can do it in about 2-3 weeks that'd be awesome.

So either the 2nd or the 9th of July, both fridays, I'll keep you posted when i come down again.

Ben

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
the 9th would be better for me. I will be in CA and Vegas from  this tuesday till July 2. I work friday nights and would need to leave the store by 9:30

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 09:02:21 AM »
Steve, is there a particular time that you can make on Fridays, especially on the 9th?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:06:03 AM by Poo the Great »

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »
The 9th is doable for me, I'll see if I can swing a Half Day at work otherwise I'd be there at 5pm the latest.

Tim the Swift

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
I am going to take the 9th. off from work IF we can can organize the game earlier. I think we all know that 5PM to 9:30PM is not enough time to play a comfortable and relaxing game. So Steve, I know you said you would try take a half day and if you can that would be cool. Please let me know if you can or can't at least a week in advance because I need that time to notify my work.
Power!

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
It got approved this morning, so I will be down at the store round 12:30 to 1 depending on traffic.

Tim the Swift

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:50 PM »
You are the man Steve! I will fill out the necessary paper work to take time off that day, and 12:30PM to 1PM sounds good.
Power!

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »
I has an idea...

Just to try and save time, as we do have a bit of a schedule to work on. Whoever gets there first will set up the tables? and the other party will get to rearrange some of the pieces if they want?

Sound good?

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 12:18:59 AM »
Fine by me man

Tim the Swift

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 10:31:32 AM »
I think that is fair and we all know how to set up a table. I have no problem with that. Has anyone talked to Jared to see if he is okay with the new schedule? Also, I wanted to throw out a concept and see what you guys think. Every battle I have played in has been fought on a nice sunny day with perfect conditions. How about an environmental condition of rain? At the beginning of each turn someone rolls a D6 and on a 4+ it is raining, conferring a -1 penalty to all shooting, if they don't get a 4+, it stops raining or doesn't begin raining and we don't get the penalty. So it could simulate heavy rain, a few showers, or a nice sunny day for the duration of the battle. It could be a nice change of pace and add a different dimension to the game. On top of that, a heavy rain would be appropriate for such an epic battle!   
Power!