Author Topic: Unbeatable Army List: Codex IG  (Read 12207 times)

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
Re: Unbeatable Army List: Codex IG
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »
vendetta's also;
-Twice the cost of chimera
-Very hard to give/get cover save

By blocking do you mean movement blocking? 2 chimera's would be better at this as well.

I'm not knocking Vendetta's they are good but generally people use 1 maybe 2, I think at the 'ard boyz level of points youd be better with more chimera's loaded with troop's (line squads/veterans) to contest/claim objective's, and using the 1 or 2 as tank killer patrol or outflanking them.

Most people I know think Vassal is cool but enjoy the tactile/social experience of playing the game. If you do not have the model's make paper cut-out's or proxy. I do this all the time, and you get to make friends  ;D
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
I think you're going to be hard pressed to find someone here who is up for playing on vassal.

Are the 6x Vendettas generally better than however many more Chimeras loaded with who knows what?

It is questions like this from Chase that make me wonder how much longer he's going to hold out, not actually playing the game...
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Ragnar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
ok then, i'd be glad to schedule a game with the unbeatable list against one 'champion' as it were. amongst the challengers to the claim that this list cannot be beaten, choose one person amongst you ang, hell, why not collaborate to make a list to beat it? Let me know what day works for you and I'll bring everything to proxy for my end. Sound good?

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
I don't think I've ever wanted to see a list lose this badly.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Ragnar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »
so, with that blessing, any takers?  ;)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 01:33:55 AM »
ok so i played this list tonight and beat it so it isnt unbeatable

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:29 AM »
Ed,

To help clarify, I think it would be nice if you provided a little detail to your game.  I take it you played it on Vassal.  What list did you use, and what tactics were involved?

Like Derek, I too, am anxious to see how this supposed unbeatable list was beaten.   ::)
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »
Classic Troll.  Champion dude I hope your not serious.  And it looks like your theory is already bunked so have a happy life and bugger off will you I think enough dribble has been spat from you already.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »
Oh look, a mech vet list.  Yawn.

Also Chase, I do still have Vassal installed on my old computer.  Hahaha.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »
Now, now, let's try to be a little fair about this...  Ragnar has, for the most part, extended a "challenge" to the BG Community.  And in an effort to be sporting about it, I think he/she should at least have a chance to prove himself/herself in person.

I'm not familiar with Vassal or the concept behind it, but a face to face game with actual mini's or proxies could at least give us an enlightening experience with this debate.

However, I do think that there should be consequences for the loser...  But obviously, this is something that should be discussed with the involved players.

First and foremost though, I ask that Ragnar kindly introduce himself/herself to the forums AND to the store front ASAP, if he/she is indeed serious about this.  It would behoove a "Challenger" to introduce themselves, at the very least.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Ragnar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
wow, thank you. a respectful person on the forums is almost unheard of these days. rather than making jumps in logic over empty crevasses, benshin has done what most (not all) responders have not: read all the words presented.

Rather than going 'HEY HEY HEY!11111!!1! ITZ 4 TR0LL!!1111' he has understood what I had to say. To clarify, I'll bullet point it for reference:

-Codex IG is most 'broken' of 40K codecies
-A list from Codex IG (which I have posted) I claim to be unbeatable when I (or, rather my friend who made the list) uses it properly against any and all opposition
-*To back up my claims* (which, rather than actually proving me wrong in a game, just "Talking crap" as Grimwulf hypocritically put it) I have offered my list played against any one of you using any list you want.

I hate to be abrasive because I enjoy participating at Battlegrounds events, but with these kind of responses aside from about 4 or 5, it is warranted.

oh yeah, my name is Matt and I've been to your store often recently (maybe 6 times or so) and have participated in MTG events and went undefeated in your last doubles tourny using Orks. I guarantee most of you have at least seen me (or heard me for that matter....I like to holler realistic 'Waaaghs'). The guy who will be using the IG against you is my best friend and creator of the list. He goes by Nate and he also went undefeated in your last doubles toruny with his/my Space Wolves (we were a team if you didn't already guess). Anyways, please extend a 'champion' to accept this challenge, as it has now become. Since proxies are alright by you, I would be more than happy to play it out physically rather than on vassal.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:42:17 AM by Ragnar »

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
Alright Matt since you think im being hypocritical.  I accept your challenge and look forward to dispatching you. 

Undefeated means nothing to me, for one only learns from hardship.  Since you like to tote your Doubles victory as your only credit to warrant the insane dribble you are spouting as the Winner of the Doubles tourny I accpet.

When and where shall this battle begin?

Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 12:52:59 PM »
Why HF on the chimera's? your sacrificing 21 heavy bolter shots a turn. In most games people will be rushing at you or against infantry horde and the heavy bolters usually will do more damage over turns than HF ever will.

I've been playing mechig since the armagedon codex, I think you have a tough list there but I see about 3 major improvements you could make it alot tougher.

;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:01:48 PM by jhobin »
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
Ed,

To help clarify, I think it would be nice if you provided a little detail to your game.  I take it you played it on Vassal.  What list did you use, and what tactics were involved?

i was counter trolling
and i played chaos last night not ig D:

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 04:31:30 PM »
Why HF on the chimera's?

In situations where you are facing a horde army, the heavy flamers outperform heavy bolters.
beep bop boop