Author Topic: Tomb of Horrors  (Read 8104 times)

skavengear

Re: Tomb of Horrors
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »
haha i just fully support the fact that pathfinder is a 110% improvement from 3.5, with nothing to complain about. plus, its 3.5 compatable, all you need to figure is the monsters cmd. i mean they made everything more iconic than before except the druid and monk which remained completely unchaged beyond the 20th level "epic deed"

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
well me and jay rolled up our treasure yesterday while waiting for our thursday night game. we both watched each other and i think cookie watch some before getting bored. At most we only used 1 re-roll each and ditched the extras because we rolled decent and really dint need to roll any more.

I made about 50K after selling what i dint need and just bought some gear.

Jay got a major staff. but sint sell it so, yeah 15 AC sorcerer going to be hinding in the back  8)

I dont think i broke my cleric, but i just made him high AC and buff/heal spell centered aftering hearing there might not be a tank besides a barbarian. But i limited how high of an ac to go. Wasnt about to break 30 AC with just gear even though some stull could hit that on like a 5 -.-

When i see you tonight josh, i got a healing feat i want to ask your permisson on, i dont think it would break the game, but it would make healing a party of 6 a little easier.

I also have a peice of gear from complete champion that needs approval, its really not that great, but its related to my god and i like getting stuff thats related to those i worship.

Hears a quick break down

HP 74
AC 28
FL 26
TC 12

STR-17
Dex-12
Con-14
Int- 11
Wis-21
Cha-18

Fort- 11
reff-  9
Will-  13
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »
I've been trying to figure out how to maximize my character's non-armor armor class.  It's all about stacking the different modifiers.  Let's see, there's...

insight
dex
dodge
natural
insight
armor
deflection
monk special (wis)
monk special (monk level)

See kids, 3rd edition isn't confusing at all!  Anyhoo, by my math that gives me at least a 26 AC (assuming someone cast Mage Armor on me).

One thing I don't understand though... a +1 melee weapon is less than 2500 gold (depends on the base price of the weapon.  But the equivalent monk item, the Amulet of Mighty Fists, is 6000 gold for the same +1.  I know the name is more badass, but 4500 gold?  Really?
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 06:55:43 PM »
Your just looking at the base price.

The benifit of the amulet is, more damage and attack, which stacks with the monks ki. At higher lvl the monks attacks naturaly gain the lawful type to over come damage, and then adamantium type as well. So at higher lvls its a better benift to have the amulet over a weapon with enchantmets.
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
Just a heads up, im changing from a cleric to favored soul. HD is still a D8 so same as cleric. other than that, its straight 9 lvls of favored soul instead of cleric. no turning though
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

skavengear

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 08:51:52 AM »
Im also changing back to the druid. ill keep the same gold. in fact all i need is a +2 beastskin dragonhide breastplate.

and im having my tonsils removed and deviated septim fixed next friday, ill leave the character sheet at the store with (steve most likely)

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
Pathfinder is fine.  Most people I know that tried it over 3.5 never went back, and it's still being supported, which is good for people that reject 4e and want to stick to their traditions.

All that being said, do I wanna buy a new book and learn the nuances of 3.75?  Not at this junction, especially not for an adventure module which we're mostly playing just to get the feeling of it for our 4e game.

jbtowers

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
No need to purchase a rule book:

D20 PF SRD:  http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

I use this until I have an extra $50 laying around.
Welcome Comrad! My friends are in the woods!

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
Very impressive.  I had no idea all that information was available for free.

I am in your debt, sir.

skavengear

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »
now that i remember 3.5, there werent too many good memories except eberron (who if you wanted anything in any book at any level you could try and find or get it). im actually a big fan of how 4e is coming along although psionic power was a little bit of a let down for monks (they didnt get the typical X power "if a striker spends an action point they get their extra damage again" feat)

the best thing about 4e is the balance and how you feel awesome with whatever class you play and the thing that was boring (attacking, hitting, damaging. repeat; and the feats that didnt change your character at all) and gave it some much needed spice.  :o

i still remember the day i opened up the 4e phb and saw that dragonborn was a real new race and fighters didnt have to take a feat to cleave i was in love  :D

Nimble666

• Email
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »
hi im new to abington mass and battleground were r u guys doing the tomb of horrors and could u use another player i hav ben playing D&D for 8 years and i have my own dice and everything if i could it would be great

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 08:08:52 AM »
hahaha...

*Ahem*

Unfortunately you missed all the fun.  The adventure lasted all of 1.5 sessions before we had a near full party wipe from a single monster.  (Freaking damage reduction!)  I doubt the two surviving members will ever set foot within 100 miles of the Tomb of Horrors ever again.  :(

Seriously though, just keep at it and I'm sure you'll find a game.  Ask whoever is working the front.  They won't bite... probably.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 08:11:23 AM by jbkilroy »

Nimble666

• Email
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 11:35:16 PM »
lol TPW thos suck my party made it through the whol thing it was awsom and i just wanted to relive it