Author Topic: Ain't it the Truth....  (Read 2184 times)

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Ain't it the Truth....
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
Me: Mending isn't healing, if Todd's shirt rips I can "mend" it.
Kurt: That's just a racial ability you have.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Re: Ain't it the Truth....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »
...but if they were larger then they would need to have more detail on them or else they probably wouldn't look as good.

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:01:21 AM »
...but if they were larger then they would need to have more detail on them or else they probably wouldn't look as good.

That is why GW switched from 25mm to 25mm heroic aka 28mm, which I'm told is actually closer to 30mm in reality but I can't speak on that with any authority.  It does make sense that they'd want a larger model to show greater detail.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

skavengear

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
Try gluing and painting Mulg the ancient. I haven't even got him in yet and I already want to cry (and not because Ian called him a big green turd)  :'(

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
Must be eating some fiber filled diet to get a turd looking like that.

I think the orc females are really fun looking and if i ever finish my current minis I will have to pick some up, then again all around the Privateer Press minis are pretty awesome looking :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:37:31 AM by Jess »

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 11:44:53 AM »
Even some of the bigger models are a huge PIA to paint. A thunder hawk for example, I don't even want to touch mine because I don't own a paint gun and to trying to neatly base coat a model of that size and make it look decent is a challenge and a half. Most of the apocalyspe models seem like they will be just as hard as well due to their size. It would seem that more detail could seem difficult to add as well. It's easy to knife in some bullet holes and battle scars/marring into a small or medium sized vehicle, but something on an huge design? You'd have to figure thats a lot of precision work and time to make it look just right. Having too little or too much would throw it off - or having the markings be too little or too big in size would make it look funny. Its a tough thing to judge when you think about it.

That and I absolutely mega loathe working with resin. Period.
I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure the writer & artist of Penny Arcade don't really care about the size of the minis :)
The artist started playing War Machine last month and the writer used to play but he has shakey hands and can't paint. The writer however did write a song about War Machine which is available for Rock Band :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:02:15 PM by Jess »