Author Topic: Core Techniques DVD: Privateer Press (review)  (Read 1382 times)

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Core Techniques DVD: Privateer Press (review)
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
Last night Todd and I watched the Privateer Press Core Techniques DVD, this looked like it would be a good intro for someone (Todd) who hasn't painted alot and is getting into War Machine.

The DVD runs 60 minutes and is $30 and is online on certain sites and stuff.. yeah.

It had a good basic into to prepping/priming (including using filler on gaps), supplies, paint mixing, and the 4 core techniques needed for doing quick good tabletop minis. The showed quick examples of how to paint a big robot dude, a lady in a red communist looking outfit, and a never blight monster thingy (rake?).

Edit: they also had a quick bit on basing, so yeah every step explained easily from start to finish :)

The four core techniques were the base coat, blending, dry brushing, and washes.

Not my personal style but a good intro to getting your minis tabletop ready and eye catching so you can play.

Painting minis is the best!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:14:59 AM by Jess »
Me: Mending isn't healing, if Todd's shirt rips I can "mend" it.
Kurt: That's just a racial ability you have.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Core Techniques DVD: Privateer Press (review)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »
I love the idea of people in the community reviewing products and various other things on the message board.

Thanks, Jess.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:47:20 PM »
My pleasure :)

Me: Mending isn't healing, if Todd's shirt rips I can "mend" it.
Kurt: That's just a racial ability you have.

johnnyboy

• Heroic Tier Level 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:42:57 PM »
yeah thanks jess for reviewing this,i was wondering how it was.i wouldnt have bought it on the fact that it is basic techniques,and i also do not use some of those in my style,but i am glad to hear it had good advice.and def think reviewing here is awesome.thanks again johng