Author Topic: [Megabattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread  (Read 57123 times)

skavengear

Re: [Megabattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

Dave Goss: Every point you make is Moot, sorry it happens.

What is moot? I worked pretty hard on making those DD.  :'(

I even made my list using not a single made up item. As soon as my Santa buys me my possessed I'm ready to roll!  ;D

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
I was referring to your joke posts about making your own codex.  As for the DD I took a look at then and its kinda hard to get a good idea of what I'm looking at.  I like that you put the CSM in the pic for scale.  I am just not sure if the quality of the camera is poor or the lighting.  It will probably be easier to see once yourve painted them up.

From a tactical point of view and just personal preference you may only want to bring one to the big day this year.  that is about 1000 pts of your army invested into two units that my not do anything due to a random result table.  Also, there were some special rules last year for each table.  Example, the underground table allowed not orbital bombardments, flyers, or super heavy walkers.  So when composing your army lists please keep in mind that where you play may also alter your army composition abit. 

skavengear

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »
yeah, i dont own a camera so i have to use my cell phone (i got what i paid for).

the CSM is on top of each, as a 'guard' (not any in-game changes, just for style). The only thing not in my codex im bringing is those two, i dont really mind bringing two, i plan on cheeky shenanigans.

skavengear

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »
Kevin, in all your awesomeness, will you allow me to bring a hell talon fighter in all my n00biness?

its from imperial armor 2006 (allegedly) its on forgeworld and it looks like a pretty sweet deal. also, if things are restricted to certain tables is there a way to ensure that if someone has a flier/heavy/etc they want to bring, they can indeed use it with at least a 90% guarantee?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 06:51:49 PM »
lol, dave I apologize if I gave you the impression that your entire army needed to be aproved.  I was just pickin on you because I always pick on ya.

This forum is for custom stuff that needs to be prior approved.  Like, any unit in the allowed books that does not have currently have a model.  Or if there is a model it is not realistic that you could purchase it and as such have chosen to make a suitable stand in model.  Also, any idea for data sheets of things you would like to see made a reality.  I know that there is a lack of data sheets for a number of armies and people would like to see their normal army lists get a bonus for a cool formation they have in mind.  Much like the old eldar craft world rules.

So, yea dave you can field anything from the imperial armor books.  As long as you have the model actual model, and have it painted and ready to field.  Now if you plan on making a hell talon then you would need to post pics and have someone ok the final product.

As for addressing the table restrictions, they tend to be minimal and only one table was not allowing flyers.  When the Team forums open for strategic discussions just let your side know what your planning to bring so that there can be an acceptable compromise.  I can't see someone telling you tuff nuggets your fly gets junked because we're sticking you on table X.  Looks like your on my side this year anyway and I wouldnt tell you that so I think your good.

As for the DD devices.  I think maybe you wanna make them a little bigger.  Remember these are Dooms Day Devices, they have structure points and cause doom.  Make them look intimidating, maybe just a suggestions getting some loose wiring and adding it in to make them look high tech.  I know GW's  big is a big egyptian style looking coffin, but they don't include a model for frame of reference.  Apocalypse units should look epic.  ;p

If ya need help bring them down to the store and talk with some of us, I'm sure we can find an easy way to improve upon what I would call a good start to these models.

skavengear

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »
derek was the one who pointed out gw has a rhino's hatch in the middle. from that i got its scale measurement, they are exactly to size and shape of gw's with a few minor cosmetics. after i paint my base id like to hear ideas to make it look cooler though.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
So,

Jester to make the Primarch a reality you suggested we put together a set standard for the Primarchs.  I shall post both of the GW approved Primarchs I found so we can start to debate how to make this a reality.

Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
I found this while I was wandering the internets:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38378657/Seige-of-Terra-Emperor-Edition

A group did a campaign that was played in part at Warhammer World that included the Seige of Terra. They have info on the primarchs that were there.

I'm a fluffy-type player, so I don't think Primarchs belong in the 41st millennium. I find it hard to believe that a primarch would consider a 160,000pt Apocalypse game, the 'End Times' and make his way back to fight in such a little battle. That's just me tho...and the army I'm playing doesn't have a Primarch. :)

deathwatch101

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 12:30:09 AM »
ok i got two submisions first is the land raider cerberus
http://dsixgames.com/Conversions_files/Cerberus%20Data%20Sheet.pdf

second is gabriel angelos my army leader

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/236238.page
Knowledge is Power,Guard it Well

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 04:03:12 PM »
Deep breath.... Sigh....

Oh, the Megabattle....

Why do I do this to myself?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »
So Kevin and Chase, does my Banelord get to come play?

Yeah.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »
Don't worry so much Chase. Afterall I can allways make it worse :P

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
So as the date is June 4th, are we going to have a beach landing and airborne assault table?

The data is close enough to provide inspiration ...

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 09:25:56 PM »
So as the date is June 4th, are we going to have a beach landing and airborne assault table?

The data is close enough to provide inspiration ...

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Alan
;D

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
As far as I saw it the banelord was acceptable last year, its great that you are going to upgrade its look a bit though.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Grimwulfe: I am also researching other mega battles that included primarchs to see how their rules had and impact on the game.  The goal would be to field a really cool character but not something that is game altering in an of itself.

Moonie: I don't see and issue with the landraider variation.  As for the special character we'll have to see.