Author Topic: Risk 2210  (Read 1466 times)

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
Risk 2210
« on: December 12, 2010, 12:13:53 AM »
I just played risk 2210. I was wondering if anyone else has played it?

its basically like normal risk, except every turn you get armies + energy. with the energy you can buy orbital bases, commanders and random commander cards.

Another thing that is different is there are new territories.

-Water

you need the water commander to assault into these territories and they dont provide much of a bonus if you capture the entire region. however, since there are only 2 or 3 territories per water region they are usually worth it. Another thing the water territories add is new choke points/access points. for example, because of water territories there are now 3 ways to get to Australia.

-Lunar

This is where the use of orbital bases are useful. not only does the orbital base give you 1 more army per turn in regions with them, and allow regions with orbital bases to defend with d8s, but they allow you access to the moon along with space commanders. you assault the moon from any region with an orbital base onto any 3 of the landing zones on the moon. the moon is fairly easy to take but sort of hard to hold.

Finally, 4 random land territories count as devastated. these territories cannot be captured or moved through. this allows every game to be varied. ( you do not need to hold these territories to attain region bonuses)

There are 5 different commanders who each have their own cards

-Diplomatic

no direct effects

no expansion options

Commander cards:
Steals energy from other players, pulls tricks out of his sleeve like denying someone from assaulting you for 1 turn

-Land

Assaults with a d8 instead of a d6 when assaulting from or onto land

no expansion options

Commander cards:
Bolsters troops in certain locations, tricks that allow you to cut assaulting armies in half or sneakily bolster your forces in a territory right after someone declares an assault on it

-Naval

Assaults on a d8 instead of d6 when assaulting from or onto water

Allows troops to assault water territories

Commander cards:
Similar to the land commander except in the sea

-Nuclear

Assaults on a d8 always

No expansion options

Commander cards: Very randomized. Able to snipe commanders on a 3+ from a d8. able to destroy d6 armies from a certain enemy territory. able to kill 1 army from every territory on a random region (north america, europe, africa ect.) Also, armageddon card which allows all commanders to use their nuke cards for free. ( the big red button :D)

-Space

Assaults on a d8 from or to a lunar base

Allows for troops to assault the lunar territories

Commander cards:
Similar to land except on the moon, also, lunar assault card allows for a random land territory to be assaulted from the moon.

So, obviously, this game isn't exactly like normal risk but I think its way more fun.
Time for my tau jumpy phase