Author Topic: Greetings to my neighbors in the north  (Read 2288 times)

Draev

Greetings to my neighbors in the north
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:04:29 AM »
Hello all. Im a 40k player from the southcoast region whos store (Gamehaven) recently closed. Since then, I've been travelling around to other stores in the attempt to find a new home. Its kind of like Battlestar Galactica, except without the the Cylons......although I am a Necron player so that kind of counts, i guess......anyways.....I was wondering if there was one night in particular when 40k players show up at your store, and, if so, what time?

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: Greetings to my neighbors in the north
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:28:01 AM »
Monday and Saturday seem to be the days.  monday its like 5pm and saturday is generally sometime in the noonish hours.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 03:43:55 AM »
Hi Draev,
I'm Derek, the owner of Battleground. Our resident chef, Murph (a.k.a. The_Chef), is correct, Saturdays are the most promising days to show up and get a pick up game or two or three. There are usually quite a few games most nights of the week as well, but they are usually unplanned. Feel free to give the store a call and ask what's going on at any given moment. Also, you're likely to have some luck setting up a game on these forums too.

Come by and visit when you have a chance! We'd love to serve as your new home :)

D.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:36:47 PM »
Hi Draev
 I'm Dave my son Brandan and I Try to be at BG once a month on Sat. We post before we come
so we can meet people there we have Chaos SM and tyranids. Hope to see you there sometime
Dave and Brandan 

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
...i dunno.....

.....he's either a cylon or a skrull....
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?