Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301454 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Unofficial Thursday 40k
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 11:39:24 AM »
Starting sometime after 6:30 tonight...

My Daemons should be fighting Blood Angels tonight. Wes' Banana-crons will be in the house, and I believe Ed said his Daemons will arrive later in the evening. (I want to reiterate that the Daemons vs. Daemons game Ed and I played last night was an all-time favorite.)

Another friend who plays Space Marines is likely to show up, as is a Witch Hunters / IG player. That's a pretty solid half-dozen, and to anyone reading this is still free to show up and issue blanket challenges / practice requests.

Everyone tonight is packing 1850 for tournament practice, or at least that's the general idea.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
Ben, thanks for spearheading this whole Thursday night effort.

It seems pretty awesome.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Torvald

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »
I plan of trying to come down with 1850 as well. We'll see how work treats me first.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 03:00:34 AM »
Three 40k games and a Fantasy game tonight, so a solid turnout for this week's Unofficial Thursday 40k.

• Daemons vs Blood Angels to a Turn 5 draw. A lucky, lucky draw. *shakes fist*
  • Space Marines vs the combined forces of an AoBR kit. A learning experience, Cobra Kai style.
  • Witch Hunters / IG vs Necrons. The Necrons didn't Phase Out, so it's like they won. :P

For those who prefer to live in the past, Empire vs Skaven. I don't know if the humans pulled out the victory or whether we have to welcome our new rat overlords.

Let's do it again next week!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »
There was wonder if Thursday 40k would continue this week post-singles tournament. The answer: yes!

Regular time for me, around 6:30 unless someone wants a game at another time.

I didn't reach my tournament goal of finishing in the top half (16th out of 28) despite winning 2 out of 3 games, but I'm driven more than ever to learn more and play better. Hopefully others are similarly motivated.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 02:57:28 AM »
Another decent turnout, even if we collectively got started a bit later than usual.

Space Marines vs Witch Hunters / IG
Chaos Daemons vs Blood Angels
Orks vs Necrons

More new players!

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
Glad to see this is turning out well. If I lived closer I would love to go. I will try to make it one of these weeks. Are you playing a specific points value/missions or just whatever people feel like?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 01:37:08 AM »
If you can make it, fantastic! The more, the merrier. If you don't want to read the wall of text below, just know that we pretty much do whatever.

I'm driving the Thursday nights to be both fun and competitive with the overall goal of helping each other become better tournament players. Ours is a great time to try out something completely crazy or really stacked or anything in between. With a regular schedule of Thursday around 6:30-7, we have a solid group of players that keep coming back for more.

General preference seems to be lists between 1500-2000 points. People will gladly play smaller lists; bigger lists would probably just require an earlier start time. :)

If you want to practice for an upcoming tournament, bring the mission and someone will jump in almost as a priority. ;)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 02:45:15 AM »
Red Scopions are allmost done, gonna whip them out maybe this week.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 03:51:04 AM »
I'll be around Thursday, and I am hoping to either let the Daemons loose against Wescron's Bananaramas or Matt's stupid Null Zone Librarian.

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »
Unfortunately I can't make it this Thursday, Ill be there Tuesday ( possibly ) and Saturday. Then the decade old technology of the Necrons will somehow not loose against daemons twice in a half-hour period. ( Daemon Princes with Wings are too fast for me to catch and easily sweep my warriors )

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 03:05:53 AM »
Today's 40k report, there was...

Daemons vs Space Marines feat. Fateweaver vs. Null Zone Librarian!
Orks vs Space Marines
Blood Angels vs Imperial Guard

Ed and I also split two quick 1250 games of Daemons vs Red Scorpions (w/ Blood Angels codex).

By the way, my Daemons and I are looking for a Doubles partner for the tournament next month. (At least I'm pretty sure it's next month.)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 01:42:09 AM »
Forums have been busy this week, this thread nearly bumped to the second page.

I'm laid up with flaring sinuses, and in a rarity will miss a week. *gasp!* I know two friends will be there, and they're always up for playing new people.

Neldar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:29 AM »
Any chance of my white deck appearing so I can take it to PAX tomorrow?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »
Any chance of my white deck appearing so I can take it to PAX tomorrow?
That must be you, Jason. I woke up feeling better, so I'll pop some medicine and get down to Plainville with your cards sometime this afternoon. I'll leave them with Matt behind the counter.

I'll also send a PM with a recap of how Friday/Sunday's MtG adventures went (abridged version: not well).