Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301930 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #630 on: September 16, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »
Good vibe around the store tonight.

Grey Knights vs Tau - Capture and Control and Draw
Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels
Space Wolves vs Space Wolves
Space Wolves vs Tyranids
Space Wolves (sigh :P) vs Eldar

The 500 games are catching on as a good way for people to play who don't have time for the full game. Any feedback relating to table size, mission ideas or whatever, dump all that into the 500 Points thread. By this time next week, I'm hoping to have a draft of the packet ready for community review.

Good luck to everyone playing the Ard Boyz tournament this Saturday!

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2011, 02:10:44 AM »
I played the double troop VP's mission, and the diagonal deployment with 3 objectives, and the game seemed pretty balanced.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2011, 02:19:58 AM »
I played the double troop VP's mission, and the diagonal deployment with 3 objectives, and the game seemed pretty balanced.

In the diagonal deployment, how much difficulty was there moving scoring units into mid-field? I actually have yet to set that up on a table myself.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2011, 06:07:30 AM »
Well, i actually ended up holding his objective and the middle one, and had not troops in my deployment zone. Some armies might have problems, but that just means you need to be either really tough, or very mobile, i really doubt it will be a problem.

JWebs

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #634 on: September 17, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »
Good vibe around the store tonight.

Grey Knights vs Tau - Capture and Control and Draw
Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels
Space Wolves vs Space Wolves
Space Wolves vs Tyranids
Space Wolves (sigh :P) vs Eldar

You guys seems to have built a really nice community here. I was glad that I was able to come out with a couple friends and everyone was welcoming and kind to us.

It was a fun night, was able to watch a few games to readjust to newer editions and in between discuss the finer points of America vs Canada!

Thank you all, and hopefully we will see you all again soon.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #635 on: September 18, 2011, 12:47:22 AM »
Hey, i will be bringing 1000 points of tau next week, it has 2 proxies, but other than that its all set! would any one be game for a game (see what i did there)?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #636 on: September 18, 2011, 04:47:26 AM »
You guys seems to have built a really nice community here. I was glad that I was able to come out with a couple friends and everyone was welcoming and kind to us.

It was a fun night, was able to watch a few games to readjust to newer editions and in between discuss the finer points of America vs Canada!

Thank you all, and hopefully we will see you all again soon.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the evening. The night was a good example of what is usually going on Thursdays. The next six weeks should be busier with the Vogen campaign. If you or your friends want to arrange for a small learning match any time, come back to this thread and someone can usually accommodate that pretty easily.

Hey, i will be bringing 1000 points of tau next week, it has 2 proxies, but other than that its all set! would any one be game for a game (see what i did there)?
If no one else takes you up on the offer, likely I can. But I would be remiss in not warning you that my Daemons *hate* Tau and will break both face and dice. I'm not sure who of our regulars is signing up for the campaign, so I can't suggest an alternative...

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #637 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
oh wow, i forgot about the league xD, well, im going to be there early, so maybe i can get in a game earlier if some one is around, i plan on being there at around 5:30.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #638 on: September 18, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »
I won't be in the league if anyone wants a 2k game.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #639 on: September 18, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »
Hey dissimulation, how would you feel about dumbing it down to 1000 points? id do higher but i barely own 1000.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #640 on: September 18, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
call me kevin, and i don't really like doing mirror matchups. If you brought your tyranids i'd be happy to play versus them.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #641 on: September 18, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
>.> Ill be in the League most likely so Ill be around for like Lair Assault, Vogen, Magic, Encounters, And casual 40k.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #642 on: September 22, 2011, 03:26:22 PM »
As the Vogen League campaign starts tonight, I thought I should point out that casual Thursday 40k soldiers on in the face of organized fun. :P

Looking forward to a bustling store over the next month plus!

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #643 on: September 22, 2011, 10:30:01 PM »

sorry ben and chase, this picture was just too appropriate XD

oh, and my tau won their grudge match with brians orks, which again involved far too many instances of tau initiating assaults against orks. Also, this happened

2 ork bikers charge 2 gun drones

drones attack and manage to kill one! and lose one in return, next turn the gun drone rolls well, but not well enough, and the biker does 2 wounds... and a 4 and a 6 come up! and then next turn, the drone kills the biker... yep, thats right, 2 tough mean biker orks got killed by a pair of roombas. WIN!!! thanks again brian for the great game! that damn truck has too stop careening!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »
So Claude came up from New London, CT to check out the campaign... And the campaign fell through with only 6 players. But we salvaged the evening for him! Grey Knights & Chaos Daemons vs Dark Angels & Tau. We also decided to play the Total War scenario (all three rulebook scenarios at once, winner wins the most scenarios). It turned out just to be a fun game for all, laid back and most appropriately a draw.

There was Grey Knights vs DOA Blood Angels, in addition to Tau vs Orks. Also, a new-to-BG Daemons army vs Necrons. Feels like a light evening in retrospect, but all the same a good time.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:01:55 AM by Benjamin »