Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301867 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #1455 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »
Busy, I think.  (not a regular on THursdays, took me 2 hours to get down there)

Ron, I had a great game!

JWebs

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #1456 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:07 AM »
I didn't catch your name sorry, but to the person I spoke to about attaching a cryptek to a Deathmarks squad and using the Hunters from Hyperspace rule, in the faq it states:
Q: Do models from a Royal Court that are attached to a Deathmark Squad benefit from the Hunters from Hyperspace special rule? (p90)
A: Yes
So it does indeed work! Enjoy an AP1 flamethrower that wounds on a 2+!

To Ben:
Pg 122. Victory Conditions, First rule paragraph.
"Likewise, if at the end of any game turn, one player has no models on the battlefield, his opponent automatically wins."

Tonight was fun, got to test out some new 'nids, the Shrikes did really well. I think they would be too much overkill against another swarm, but against anything with good armor they really clean up.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #1457 on: July 13, 2012, 01:22:03 AM »
Had a great game with Dan's GK tonight...actually, who am I kidding.  Dan kicked my Ravenwing's butt.  Very, very good army.  I feel bad he drove up for such a short game.

Maybe when I get a new Dex for one of my armies I can make it to turn 4 before I get completely destroyed....or just a bunch of MegaNobz.

http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #1458 on: July 13, 2012, 02:44:20 AM »
Got two games in tonight Played Roberts and Guss from the Escalation league in a 1000 point and 750 point game respectively.

I think we had 8 or 9 tables with games going all night. I think a large group of people even squeezed in 2 games which is good people grasping onto the rules.

Folks playing Chaos Space Marines going to start learning another language soon. FAQs in French, Spanish, and German make Chaos Daemon Princes from the CSM Codex Flying Monstrous Creatures. Don't learn Italian cause they have the same rules as us Americans.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #1459 on: July 13, 2012, 02:45:04 AM »
it was 9 tables.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1460 on: July 13, 2012, 02:56:26 AM »
I looked up after my match with James and saw a room full of 40k, 9 tables strong. There was a doubles match that broke out later, too.

There were three games of Daemons vs Necrons and in each game the Necrons trounced the Daemons. It's really eye-opening how much the Chaos Daemons codex sucks in this edition. I don't need that right now.

Good too to see Ben Mohile before he departs for southern pastures. His game against Bill, most of which took place between imagination and index cards was quite amusing. It also confirmed one theory I had running about 6th Edition, but I'm afraid I have to keep that to myself. Secret NOVA plans abound.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #1461 on: July 13, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
I think I also learned last night that the Dark Angels are staying in the box until the new Codex Drops.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1462 on: July 13, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
Aww, c'mon guys, let's not do the "demons, DArk Angels can't do it thing"

DA I can see a little, but I had high hopes for Demons this edition.  What was the problem, generally?  (besides playing Ben Mohlie)

Just from theorycraft, I was thinking Necrons would be the king of 6th.  It looked like Ben had 3 nightscythes and I saw an Dark Eldar flyer over there?

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #1463 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
I looked up after my match with James and saw a room full of 40k, 9 tables strong. There was a doubles match that broke out later, too.

I think that doubles was a four player free for all.  Looks like shooting centric green tides might have potential in 6th.  If you can't hit a thing anyway, move and snapshot seems like a pretty good deal.  All the noise of shooting, and you get closer to the other guys!

Tharcil

« Reply #1464 on: July 13, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »
I think I also learned last night that the Dark Angels are staying in the box until the new Codex Drops.

Wouldn't shelve DA, they make great Battle Brother Allies.  A couple squads of scoring terminators to accent another list, yes please!

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #1465 on: July 13, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »

Wouldn't shelve DA, they make great Battle Brother Allies.  A couple squads of scoring terminators to accent another list, yes please!

Yeah, well I play Ravenwing and my primary Army is Orks.  No battle brothers with DA.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #1466 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »

I think that doubles was a four player free for all.  Looks like shooting centric green tides might have potential in 6th.  If you can't hit a thing anyway, move and snapshot seems like a pretty good deal.  All the noise of shooting, and you get closer to the other guys!

It was a 4 way 500pt kill team.  Nid, Deathwing, Orks, and Codex Marines.

I think Orks as a green tide shooty army will be decent in 6th.  Lootas are awesome, so are dakkajets.  Tankbustas are pretty darn good now.  Artillery is really nice now too.  (if time and money were not an issue, a confederate themed waaagh would be awesome).  If FW goes mainstream, I am thinking an alliance with a dread bash Mob will be pretty good (already have the grot tanks for it, just need a Mega-Dred).  I think my mobs will end up dropping alot of their PKs in favor of shooty Nobz.  All an Ork player needs now are some MegaNobz that are not 23$ a pop.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #1467 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »

There were three games of Daemons vs Necrons and in each game the Necrons trounced the Daemons. It's really eye-opening how much the Chaos Daemons codex sucks in this edition. I don't need that right now.

Good too to see Ben Mohile before he departs for southern pastures. His game against Bill, most of which took place between imagination and index cards was quite amusing. It also confirmed one theory I had running about 6th Edition, but I'm afraid I have to keep that to myself. Secret NOVA plans abound.

Thanks Ben :)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1468 on: July 13, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
I wanna know the secret NOVA plans!  I'm not going. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1469 on: July 14, 2012, 05:11:20 AM »
DA I can see a little, but I had high hopes for Demons this edition.  What was the problem, generally?  (besides playing Ben Mohlie)
For me, in a word, Overwatch. Most Daemons infantry are T4 with a 5+ invulnerable save. Every wound is about 15-20 points worth, given different models. I charge into Assault, like I'm supposed to, and I get penalized.

IMO, A unit should have to choose between shooting normally or shooting Overwatch (with some bonuses) during the next player turn. A sort of "don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes" sort of thing.

So one workaround I discovered is that I need to hit one squad with multiple attackers, since Overwatch can only be triggered once. But that also increases the likelihood that I win the assault on my turn, which is really bad for T4/5++ models.

Overall, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't. But what else could I expect from Daemons? They just didn't pass the smell test.

Swooping, didn't see what the big whoop was.

Smash attacks were okay, but halving the number of attacks to do so is really brutal.

Losing 4+ cover is fairly devastating. I can compensate by buying more models in each infantry squad... which I am not really going to do.