Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301896 times)

Admech79

Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #1980 on: June 05, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »
I should be showing up this week. If Admech wants to we could Team up and play you Phoenix?
I'm down with it

I'm getting a game at 1k at 6.
7 pm ill be free to die ;)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1981 on: June 06, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
Great thing about Thursday 40k? No double overtime before work in the morning. Come spend a reasonable evening with us at Battleground.

ZZZZZZ.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #1982 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »
it seems as though I left my Dark Angel's codex and warhammer 40k rule book on one of the tables this Thursday night. If you should happen upon it, I'll make my way up to retrieve it.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #1983 on: June 07, 2013, 12:51:36 AM »
it seems as though I left my Dark Angel's codex and warhammer 40k rule book on one of the tables this Thursday night. If you should happen upon it, I'll make my way up to retrieve it.

Yes you did. Gork and Mork were punishing you for winning the game with one marine. I left them with Matt.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #1984 on: June 07, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »

Yes you did. Gork and Mork were punishing you for winning the game with one marine. I left them with Matt.

Indeed, it could have been two marines but the last remaining sergeant in the second squad blew his face off with a plasma pistol. At least the plasma cannon dev squad worked out for me. But thanks for the game and picking up my books.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1985 on: June 13, 2013, 07:36:52 AM »
Great thing about Thursday 40k? No TRIPLE overtime before work in the morning. Come spend a reasonable evening with us at Battleground.

Hmm, wait, sounds familiar...

Doubles fever? Tournament preparation?

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #1986 on: June 13, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
Think I might come up this week, just watching though, no play time for me as my mini's are all packed away awaiting the move to my new house. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1987 on: June 14, 2013, 12:11:22 AM »
A rare shark sighting tonight, before getting wiped off the table by some strange fish people and their silver allies. Hmm.

And 5 other games, by my count. I don't know. Triple overtime was a terrible idea.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #1988 on: June 20, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »
I need a 1000pt pre-tourney practice game tonight, any takers?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1989 on: June 20, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
We've had a very steady influx of new people, I guess that's the summertime for you. So that's the best news of all. 4 tables running when I left, including a demo, some Doubles practice and two new players facing off against some regulars. Yay!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1990 on: June 21, 2013, 03:57:51 AM »
New players are always awesome to have come by.  I love having a night to direct them to and knowing that someone awesome will be there to help them out.

Matt's email said we had 5 tables at one point.  Pretty solid considering the doubles.

I love that summer means lots of models getting pushed around.  40k is rocking and rolling as usual and I expect this Warmachine / Hordes beginner league some of the guys are putting together to do well also.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1991 on: June 21, 2013, 07:31:25 AM »
... I expect this Warmachine / Hordes beginner league some of the guys are putting together to do well also.
My fingers are crossed for the Warmahordes league to do as well or even better than the successful 40k league last year.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1992 on: June 26, 2013, 10:58:50 PM »
I won't be able to make it tomorrow evening. So I'll just remind everyone, if you see someone new and looking lost, just introduce yourself. We've had many new people show up in the past couple weeks, so I can't stress that enough!

There's an 1850 Singles tournament coming up next month at BG, and 1850 is going to be the target number until we're past the NOVA tournaments.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1993 on: June 26, 2013, 11:43:24 PM »
Yeah, expect a lot of 1850.  I'll likely run another one in August also.

We've got a lot of guys to get ready for NOVA.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #1994 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
Speaking of NOVA, anyone interested in an 1850 game?  Perhaps even one using the NOVA primer?  Lemme know.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes