Author Topic: 131 40K Tournament 2/19  (Read 820 times)

Greywolf

• Email
131 40K Tournament 2/19
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:27:47 PM »
When – Saturday, February 19th, 11:00AM
What – Warhammer 40,000, 1,750 points
Where – Off the Wall Games, Hadley, MA

A couple of quick things. First, we have no painting requirement for our tournaments, but bear in mind that a painting score comprises 30 out of a potential 120 points. Our tournaments start promptly at 11:00, so plan to arrive no later than 10:30. The entry fee is $10, $8 for 131 Members. Prize amounts are in the form of store credit, with the exact amounts depending upon number of participants. Prizes are given out for Best Overall, Best General, Best Sportsman and Best Painted. There are only 14 slots available, so pre-registration is your best chance to be guaranteed a spot. For members to pre-register, simply reply to this thread or speak to a club officer, and submit your army list to me. For non-members, reply to this thread to be added to the alternates list, submit your army list, and pay your entry fee in advance to me personally, or via the club's PayPal account, westernmassgaming@yahoo.com.

Lists must be submitted ahead of time, no later than Wednesday, February 16th.  If you do not submit your list by that time, your spot cannot be guaranteed.  In addition, if you do not pre-submit your list, you should arrive no later than 10:15 on the day of the tournament, so your list can be checked before the event begins.  A players' packet, containing scenarios, will be released on the 16th, but it will only be e-mailed to those players who have submitted their lists.  Lists should be submitted in .rtf, .pdf or in Army Builder format.  Lists should be submitted to westernmassgaming@yahoo.com, and the subject line should include your name and army name.

Don't forget, if you have any non-GW, or heavily modified models, please submit them to the Tournament Model Council for approval before the tournament. For information on the process, go to this forum. And our painting and sportsmanship/comp rubrics can be found here.

skavengear

Re: 131 40K Tournament 2/19
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »
You post this on another game stores boards, for an event the same day as theirs?  ;)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: 131 40K Tournament 2/19
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »
It's all good.  It's a slightly different format.  All of the 131 guys I've met are great and I use their boards to post events often.  They seem like a great club and are based out of Western MA, where a handful of our guys go to school.  Maybe they'll see this and give it a shot.

No harm, no foul.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel