Author Topic: Map Based Fantasy Campaign in Abington.  (Read 2429 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Map Based Fantasy Campaign in Abington.
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »
Need to know if there are any players willing to assist me in a bit of game testing.

Looking for players, preferably some at the learning stage of the game.  That would be interested in taking part in a map based campaigb to be run out of the Abington location.  If you could post you name and army up here I would appreciate it.

Requirements to play:
All the normal stuff you would need to have access to in order to play a game of Fantasy.  

The way it is working out for points players would only need access to at most 2500 points to start.  There may be a point where players could field more but I do not see it as being an issue at this state of developement.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Re: Map Based Fantasy Campaign in Abington.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:57:34 AM »
I'd be up for it... But I only have 1.5k of tomb kings

EDIT 3/10/2011: 2k
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:24:00 AM by Captain Bryan! »

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:03:05 AM »
I'd like to see an escalation/building campaign for noobs like me. I am just getting ready to start my Ogre Kingdoms force. Otherwise, I'd be down.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:39:22 AM »
Kevin,

Let me know, I am totally down to help run/assist in this. I've tried getting one going before, but its a lot of work for just one person. I've got a few books on campaigns, mainly the General's Compendium, so give me a shout when you maybe want to get together sometime and figure it out.

Ben

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
Nice, I'd love to have the help Ben.

As for everyone else, it will be a sort of escalation league that you build up and lose points over the course of battles.  Basic start up is that you will have banners that can be between 500-2500 points in size.  So, this way you can if you wish use you 1500 points in every banner effectively giving you 4500 points ;)

the escalation will be in the players hands for the most part.  But that is the attempt here to see if this system will work with newer players just learning the game, and advanced players who have been playing since be for this edition.

I believe the vets will work no matter the format due to experience.  I want to make sure this is something a beginer can get into and understand without being overwhelmed. 

Ben, I'll send you what I have worked up so far.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »
I would love to play, what day would people want to play.  Monday would be best for me.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »
this is the kind of stuff i love doing.  i wont be getting there unitl June now.  So I am sure it will be over with by then.  let me know for round 2.  i can bring TKs, skaven or LM.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »
well the intention is something that can run as long as needed an be started with relative ease.

The plan I for see now with be running with the offical day of sunday.  No offical start date yet.  But, once up and running the day for map movement will be sunday.  After that players will have a week to resolve any battles that need to take place.

NGazerro

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • "We ain't making no goddamn cornflakes here."
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:06:29 PM »
This post is old but i was wondering if you were still gunna do this or if u currently are? I am completely new to Fantasy and was thinking about starting a Dwarf army. Just let me know... thanx.
"We ain't making no goddamn cornflakes here."

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
this would be great if it took off. definitely worth the drive to abington. would we be able to do the map electronically?

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 01:25:59 AM »
We'd probably use the same mighty empires board from last time (which still looks terrific)

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »
I am in.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 11:18:04 AM »
ok so we got the board, were jester and Poo still interested in running this thing? if yes, than we need a day for map movement (sunday i guess) and some sort of registration process to tally who would like to play and what army. should we start a new thread for players and whatnot? it'll give us an idea of # players and a start date and the rest will be up to the organizers.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
Lol, I am sorry guys.  My schedule with work and the wife just nailed me that past month or so.  Plus I have been gaming in other areas.

I am totally still down to run this, we would need to get a sold number of people interested.  I'd say running with 6 would be a good minimum.  There would have to be a GM, which I am all for being here.  Sunday would be the best day for map movement and upkeeping paper work. 

I'll make a new thread get an idea of players and their armies.  But with what I had in mind players would need access to a minimum of at least 2500 points to field.  More is great but that just gives ya versatility in your army composition.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:38 PM »
But with what I had in mind players would need access to a minimum of at least 2500 points to field.

ಠ_ಠ