Author Topic: Map Based Fantasy Campaign in Abington.  (Read 2428 times)

skavengear

Re: Map Based Fantasy Campaign in Abington.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 02:02:44 AM »
Lol, I am sorry guys. the wife just nailed me that past month or so.

U mad Bro?

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 04:19:56 AM »
I am totally still down to run this, we would need to get a sold number of people interested.  I'd say running with 6 would be a good minimum.  There would have to be a GM, which I am all for being here.  Sunday would be the best day for map movement and upkeeping paper work. 

What we did when we had a GM back in the day of General's Compendium is that we played a Fog of war.  we did the map on paper using a large hex based map.  the GM then gave out starting areas at random.  each player had his own map and as they explored new area emerged.  there were alot of nuetral cities on the map as well that gave bonues if they were captured.  These are the games that the GM played in. 

Just a thought to give the GM more of an involvement.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »
I very much appreciate that idea, I am content to just over see though.  I do love over seeing the machinations of players and they form and empire, the plots and schemes to destroy friends and foes alike.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »
tonight I am going to write up the ideas for the direction I wish to take this.  I am going to put them up in the fantasy thread as its own topic, and you guys who are interested can chime in and offer any ideas of issues your see or things you would like to see put in if at all possible.

I plan to leave it to discussion till next monday after that I would like to get a list and set a day to meet with everyone as a peliminary to get this thing going.  If we are ready to go the day we meet I see no issue not starting right there.  But, its just a go with the flow thing in case anyone shows that was unable to read the thread or had questions better asked in person etc etc.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »
sadly, i wont be able to make it next week because i'll be gone all weekend D:

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »
I missed today due to a birthday party, can I still do my moves etc?
Tiger's Den founding member

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
NO TROLL YOU STAY UNDER DA BRIDGE.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »
U... no, must. save. for later...

:'(
Tiger's Den founding member

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
amazing amount of restraint

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »
no one did anything of merit that day Dave troll, we just went over the format a bit and I fielded any questions.  The offical start is next week, you will need to bring the following:

A) your army,  ::)
B) Your banners list, anything here is acceptable.  Its needs to be two copies one for me and one to keep with you.
     banner composition No less than 500 points.  No more than 2500 points.  Each one must be lead by a hero/lord
*You are getting 2500 points to start this overall list must be legal per the Big Rule Book, after the inital composition you may break it down however you want.
*You also have 500 additional points that is to be spent only on a Lord choice, this is the Empire General.  Just a badass guy.  So, you end up getting 3000 points to start technically.

See Everyone at 1 p.m. This Sunday.