Author Topic: Space Wolf Cheese  (Read 793 times)

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Space Wolf Cheese
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
Allright, In my research I came across a nasty trick and Wanted the Store's opinion.

Arjac when hitting with his thunderhammer makes things Init 1. So in theory, one could use arjac to turn an IC or MC into init 1, then have a handy rune priest Jaws of the World Wolf said model, effectively making it much much easier to kill.

Thoughts?
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: Space Wolf Cheese
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:05:22 AM »
'Any model wounded and not killed by a thunder hammer will strike at Initiative 1 in the next Assault Phase'

You can throw it at them and if it doesn't kill them when you charge they will strike at Initiative 1 but their characteristic is not changed.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »
Well, I do need to learn about Space Wolves at some point, might as well be now.

The follow up question I have is more of a clarification. The model's Initiative is effectively 1, but for the purposes of Sweeping Advance, one would use the model's unmodified initiative characteristic?

That cheese can be pretty mean. Remind me to leave the Keeper of Secrets home if I know I'm playing against Space Wolves.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »
Lysokken is correct in this regard.  I will explain it below.

Thammer hits makes IC swing at init of 1.  RP casts JOTWW.  The initiative test is then taken on the IC's CHARACTERISTIC so it would test on the unmodified initiative.

You can also think of this in terms of a IC having a Power Fist.  This effectively lowers his initiative to a 1 but for testing purposes it will remain its base.

This is further more explained in the Warhammer Rule Book under Characterisitic tests.

Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing