Author Topic: Character help  (Read 2091 times)

Alley Livingston

• Heroic Tier Level 7
  • Silence is golden but duck tape is silver.
    • Email
Character help
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »
I am just starting to make characters other than rouges, so I have a question about my cleric. (I use version 3.5 still)Can my cleric be chaotic neutral or do i have to change it to another alignment?Also, if my base attack bonus is +0 and my strenght bonus is +3 and I use a 2H weapon (greatsword/quarterstaff) is my attack bonus 4 or 5 because it's 1.5 your normal attack bonus and half of 3 is 1.5;in other words, do I round up or not? Can my cleric because he gets bonus spells for having 18 in wisdom cast the level 4 spell I am entitled to as a bonus?Lastly, can my cleric because it doesn't have a deity have the destruction and healing domains or is that completely out of the question?

"so lonestar, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
-Dark helmet, Spaceballs
So I win right?
You're not even playing.
So I'm winning?
Yes Alley, you're winning.

Unit04

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: Character help
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »
1) Can my cleric be chaotic neutral?
---Sure, so long as your god (and/or DM) allows it

2) Also, if my base attack bonus is +0 and my strenght bonus is +3 and I use a 2H weapon (greatsword/quarterstaff) is my attack bonus 4 or 5 (blah blah blah)?
---Its 3. 

3) Can my cleric because he gets bonus spells for having 18 in wisdom cast the level 4 spell I am entitled to as a bonus?
---sure, when he can cast level 4 spells normally, he gets his bonus spell. (ie, not at level 1)

4) Can my cleric have the destruction and healing domains or is that completely out of the question?
---Ask your DM.  Seriously.  Some may require a really good reason for it (if they allow it at all), others won't care. 

NOTE:  Purple is a horrible horrible horrible color to type in on this board.  Don't expect any answers to questions if no one can read your questions.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »
Unit04 is correct.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Alley Livingston

• Heroic Tier Level 7
  • Silence is golden but duck tape is silver.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »
Thank you for the help.
So I win right?
You're not even playing.
So I'm winning?
Yes Alley, you're winning.