Author Topic: Grrr!!!!! Frastradtion w/ Models  (Read 1883 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Grrr!!!!! Frastradtion w/ Models
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
Well I've got all the time I need to fix/paint/ etc... my models and yet with my messed-up hand I can't do anything.I really hope it heals soon so I can get back to it.Anyone know a good way to paint one handed and not have it come out crappy? Seriously.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Re: Grrr!!!!! Frastradtion w/ Models
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
put the model in your mouth and use a mirror just kidding.
sorry i really don't know 1 handed sounds hard unless you have like a pedestal or something like that.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
What about gluing the flat part of a big nail or something similiar onto the bottom of the base and then drill a similiar sized hole in a piece of wood. Insert nail in wood and paint that way? You should be able to do it 1 handed, with a little hunching over. You should be able to at least base coat detail might be out.

Just an idea.

That's how I paint my model's when I use the dip method on.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to paint one handed considering you can only hold a paint brush with one hand.  Unless you use a two handed brush like Rick and well, I think he should chime in about that.

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:24 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to paint one handed considering you can only hold a paint brush with one hand.  Unless you use a two handed brush like Rick and well, I think he should chime in about that.

LOLWUT!

Id suggest just taking a clamp and clamping (redundant statement) the model's base and then the clamp will act as your other hand. 

Other than that and jeff's idea(s), theres always praying to your choice of god for a speedy recovery.  :-\

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
Rich, the only problem really is holding the model while I paint, not the actual painting.

I'll try the clamp idea.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~