Author Topic: wanting to start this game  (Read 1269 times)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
wanting to start this game
« on: February 18, 2011, 04:31:57 AM »
Hi my name is Ed some may know me.
I was looking in to this game and i saw this model,i had to try it or see if it was for me.
I am a HUGE fan of the game bioshock. When i saw the Mariner Jack, I was like this game is for me
( i hope).

I know that Mercenary don't have a battle box or starter kit. I have no idea what to buy.

I am looking for info like which warcasters i should look in to and such. What to stay away from.

thanks.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: wanting to start this game
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:02:45 AM »
If you like the mariner, there are two casters who really get along with them.

Broadsides Bart is one of the Privateer 'casters and is all about making cannons even awesomer. He does well with multiple Mariners.

Magnus the Traitor isn't quite as awesome with them, but has spells that increase their durability as well as their guns' range. Also, he has a cybernetic arm. AWESOME.

Outside of these two, all of the others are mediocre with them. Ashlynn's feat is nice with them, but better with a Mule, Drake McBain would rather have melee 'jacks but could make do with them, and the other Privateer 'casters want something more durable.

If you go heavy guns, pick up Master Gunner Dougal McNaile. He makes AOEs and shooting in general a little better. As far as units to avoid for mercs, I'd steer clear of Croe's Cutthroats, the Devil Dogs, Highshield Gun Corp and Horgenhold Artillery. The ones that are pretty much amazing and I would suggest at least looking at are Nyss Hunters, Kayazy Assassins (if you go 4 Star Syndicate), Horgenhold Forge Guard (if you go Highborn), and Aiyana and Holt.

Eiryss, Gorman Di Wulfe, and Rhupert are all worth picking up no matter what you do.

Hope this helps!
beep bop boop

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Ok this might be awesome. The only problem is finding these models.
I'm going to try to pick up the army book so I can unberstand a little better.
Thanks for the help.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »
Sounds good. Feel free to post or PM any questions.
beep bop boop