Author Topic: MUNCHKIN MONDAYS LEAGUE at Abington, interest check.  (Read 1853 times)

MIBTPutney

• Email
MUNCHKIN MONDAYS LEAGUE at Abington, interest check.
« on: March 13, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
Hi Folks,
   This Tom, your friendly local Steve Jackson Games MIB. To those that do not know that means, I demo SJG products and run events. I would like to propose a Munchkin League on Mondays at the Abington Store.

Please read the Standard operating procedure I have laid out for the league and comment below to show interest, or if you have suggestions.

The SOP is as follows:
The way it would working is that we have four week campaigns.
The first three weeks are qualifying rounds with two games a night, with the fourth week being a final round for the six winners of the qualifying rounds in an Epic Munchkin game, meaning a game to level 20.
To keep a person from winning twice in separate qualifying rounds in a campaign, without denying him/her a chance to play,there will be two, or more, tables of Munchkin going when necessary.
There would be one competitive table twice a night each Monday, and at least one casual table through out the night.
The reason for this being: if a player qualifies they can be shifted to the casual table until the final game of the Campaign.
Both tables will of course receive promos for participating, so a qualifier will be able to build up their arsenal for the final round.
That being said all, competitive rounds, including the final, would operate on the rule of only one more promo than the player with the least number of promo.
(Promo means anything that gives an advantage outside the original core set, including apps, mask, bookmarks, greeting cards, dice, ect.)

All participants get a book mark
All qualifier winners get a promo card
All campaign winners win a promo coin, or something better.

Other differences between the two tables are that:

•   The competitive table is first come, first serve, to promote prompt arrival for the game.

•   Only core sets at the competitive table (perhaps more in the campaign finale),
where as the casual table can play any reasonable (AKA card clean up and sorting I am willing to deal with) combination.
I will be often showing off new Munchkin stuff at this table

In about a six months there might be enough campaign winners to have a game where they face each other, with something really special up for grabs to the winner. Perhaps a core set, or a shirt or just an awesome promo.

I will also be constructing an XP system where you get points for participation and wins.

The first competitive game would be at 5pm, with the second starting at 7pm, with the causal table operating the whole time, wrapping up at about 9pm.

I would like to start the Munchkin Monday League on April 4th at 5pm. I will  be there at latest 4:30 pm to coordinate setup.

Ounce again if interested please post below. If you have any suggestions please post below.

Finally, I will be at the Abington store tomorrow at 5pm doing general demos, feel free to talk to me then.

Thanks!
Thomas Putney, MIB 1889.

Godlyspear

• Ai Wa Kou
Re: MUNCHKIN MONDAYS LEAGUE at Abington, interest check.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:15 AM »
I want to play, but I will only play if I get to play.
.....and then scooby said to shaggy, "GHOST?!?!?!?!"

MIBTPutney

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »
To Godly Spear

I am bit confused by your post. Do you mean you only want to play if you are at the competitive table, or just to play at all, because there should be an opportunity for both if you arrive promptly at 5 or 7.
Hope this helps,
Thomas Putney, MIB 1889

Ugh

• Go Minions! Ugh commands you!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »
UGH WILL PLAY!!!
Ugh is the real slim shady........

MIBTPutney

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
Hello All,
A few pieces of news you all might find of note.

First 6 to register for the game on the Facebook Event are guaranteed a seat at the 5pm or 7pm competitive game.
Post on the wall that you have registered, and the time slot of your interest, you can not pick both slots. That dose not mean you can not participate in both, I just want to keep thing open for others, modifications to this may come with time.
If you are not in attendance at 10 minuets past 5 or 7, I can not hold your seat if there are people who are present, and interested.

Also keep in mind I have every intention of making participants follow all instruction on promo items, including, but not restricted to: destruction of item, relinquishing the item, and dancing around the table, like a pretty fairy, because the item says so. No reusing previously destroyed items either, those are bookmarks, which I basically hand out like candy, just ask for the same one as a replacement after the game and you may get it back.
Essentially do not throw down what you are not willing to follow through on.

Finally I have asked the company to bust out something awesome for the league winner,
I do not know what it is yet, but I made sure to ask that it probably can not be found in stores.

Thank you all for your interest.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:38:04 AM by MIBTPutney »