Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warmachine/Hordes 35pt Steamroller Tournament: April 23rd  (Read 5308 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
The Steamroller is going down this Saturday!  Be there!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
My kriel will be there! 

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
I am excited about this.
beep bop boop

Bgpopapmp

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Chase,
     Do you have any idean how many people will be coming to the event?
"Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."
-Ashe, Army of Darkness

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Not really.  I anticipate between 10 and 16.  It really depends on if the group of guys from western MA come out and how many others that I haven't heard from come out.

Assuming Rick James, Dave Goss, and MenothGreg are still all planning to come, I know of 11 players.  12 if Keith is able to come and play.

The group from western MA comes with 4 or 5 I think.  I'm also usually surprised by a handful of others that show up.

It looks like I'll need more tables than I thought....  If anyone wants to get there are 930 to help me re-arrange terrain I'd like that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:07:37 PM by Chase »

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Thanks for another excellent event! Awesome crowd and awesome games.
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Results will be posted tomorrow.  I've got to say, I really enjoyed the crowd that came out and the overall "casual" feel in the room, despite the nature of the game.  Hopefully next time we'll get that 20+ number I'm looking for.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
Ill get the guys for you chase!
Tiger's Den founding member

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Results will be posted tomorrow.  I've got to say, I really enjoyed the crowd that came out and the overall "casual" feel in the room, despite the nature of the game.  Hopefully next time we'll get that 20+ number I'm looking for.

The competition was fierce and the opponents were gracious. The feel in the room was because all of us are cool dudes who know that the competition has nothing to do with ego or game-store status.
beep bop boop

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
Results will be posted tomorrow.  I've got to say, I really enjoyed the crowd that came out and the overall "casual" feel in the room, despite the nature of the game.  Hopefully next time we'll get that 20+ number I'm looking for.

all of us are cool dudes who know that the competition has nothing to do with ego or game-store status.

40k i miss you... wheres my apprentice?  :'(
Tiger's Den founding member

MenothGreg

• Email
sorry i missed out, i found out my cousin was shipping out to afghanistan so i had to go to his going away party. sad i missed out

Neldar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
Glad it went well. I may have found a place or two here to practice at before I head back for one of these.

If only not every single store was completely sold out...

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
If only not every single store was completely sold out...

It drives me crazy.  All people want to do is start playing.  I wish they could!

Neldar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
Seriously. I stopped at 4 stores this weekend on my way down here. Only 1 of them wasn't extremely upset about the shortages and that one has a Warmachine population of 2.

The last store I was at had an entire room as big as the back room in Abington devoted to Warmachine (except for one wall that was Warhammer) that was almost empty. Just a handful of Cygnar boxes, an Everblight warbox and some wreck markers. Huge display setup. Completely empty. The guy behind the counter was pissed (at the shortage) when I started asking about it.

I just want some mechanithralls to give my army some infantry. :-(

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Time to put a bg in new York damn.....