Author Topic: MUNCHKIN MONDAY LEAGUE: Rules and Regulations  (Read 2010 times)

MIBTPutney

• Email
MUNCHKIN MONDAY LEAGUE: Rules and Regulations
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »
Well folks I got enough interest from you all in the store, and approval from Derek.
MUNCHKIN MONDAY LEAGUE is GO!

I just wanted to clarify the basic rules of the league.

Tables:

There will be a Competitive table, and a Causal table.
There is also an xp system that may reward you with prizes later on.
Participating at either table gives you a promotional bookmark with in game powers and 5xp (dose not stack with xp for winning). 

When to play:

Each Monday in April there are Causal games starting anywhere between 5pm and 8pm.  Competitive table games are at 5pm and 7pm each Monday, with sign up a half an hour prior, or earlier online.(see bellow for more details.) Exception the last Monday for the final game, there will be a set number of players for the final, but causal games will continue on as before.

What to play:

The competitive table will have a set genre for every week, and only use the core set, with one genre at 5pm and a second at 7pm. For example: Fantasy at five, Cthulhu at seven.

The Causal table will be whatever people ask for that I have on hand, as long as the pickup is not too ridiculous.

Winning:

Winning at the Competitive table will allow you entry into the final game, your choice of one of four special promo back Munchkin Cthulhu card that you may start the game with, a bookmark, 15xp, and means you may not participate at the Competitive table until after the final game of that month's "adventure".

Winning at the Casual table, gets you a promo card of your choice other than the Cthulhu promo backs, a bookmark, and 10 xp.

Winning the final game gets you a full collection of bookmarks, a promo card of choice, a silver Munchkin coin, 25xp, and perhaps something special I can not mention yet. 

Rules:

The Competitive table will be following the Munchkin Tournament rules, and the Casual table will use the basic in box game rules.
The final competitive game will also be using EPIC RULES. We may combine a few sets for the Epic Final, so we will inform you of neccesary rules then.

*I will never allow more than six people at a table, the game was not made for it, and it solws things down*

Promo item use:

Also, keep in mind, I have every intention of making participants follow all instruction on promo items. Promo items are anything that gives an advantage outside the original core set, including apps, masks, bookmarks, greeting cards, dice, ect.
These instructions include, but not restricted to: destruction of item, relinquishing the item, and dancing around the table, like a pretty fairy, because the item says so. No reusing previously destroyed items either, those are bookmarks, which I basically hand out like candy, just ask for the same one as a replacement after the game and you may get it back.
Essentially do not throw down what you are not willing to follow through on.

In all Competitive games you may use no more than one more promo item than the person with the least. So if a person only declares that they are using one item this game then every one else is limited to two, has none than you get one, has two you get three, ect. If some one breaks the limit I will declare "IT DID NOT HAPPEN" and ask them to remove said item from the game. If the lowest bidder uses more promos than they said they had, I will declare "IT DID NOT HAPPEN" and ask them to remove said item from the game.

Also in the final game you may have two more promo items than the competitor with the least.

Registration

Finally, every week after the event I will post the next event of my MIB Facebook page.
The first 6 to register for the game on the Facebook Event are guaranteed a seat at the 5pm or 7pm competitive game. You would need to post on the wall that you have registered, and the time slot of your interest, you can not pick both. That dose not mean you can not participate in both, I just want to keep thing open for others, modifications to this may come with time. With that said you are not in attendance at 10 minuets past 5 or 7, I can not hold your seat if there are people who are present, and interested. Speaking of people present and interested, in person sign in start at 4:30 and 6:30. If you are still in the Compettitive 5pm game at 6:30 you may not register for the 7pm untill your game is over.

The causal table will be run more loosely, with people welcome at any time as long as there are other to play with. If there are no other people to play with, talk to me, and I will give you a bookmark and 1xp for just showing up.

If there are any further ideas or questions, let me know.
Hope to see you there!
Tom Putney

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
Re: MUNCHKIN MONDAY LEAGUE: Rules and Regulations
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
So... I was at your munchkin league, and I won, just thought you'd like to know.
Tiger's Den founding member