Author Topic: Tomb Kings Preview Models / Army book  (Read 3502 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Tomb Kings Preview Models / Army book
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
The new Tomb Kings stuff should be at both stores this Friday.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Re: Tomb Kings Preview Models / Army book
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 11:36:10 PM »
The new Tomb Kings stuff should be at both stores this Friday.

Of course, the day I go on vacation :/

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:59:36 AM »
did you guys get the book as well?   i went on vacation in VA and their store only got some models, no book.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:11:22 PM »
We have the models and the book.

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 04:10:18 AM »
Do alot of people play TKs there?   I have been a huge TK player since they came out.  Since 8th edition came out i put them up temporarily but am very eager to play them again.  I was just sad that I bought an entire DE army and then 3 weeks later they finally annouced that TK were coming out in May :(  I really wish they would have a better anouncement plan. 

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »
My Noob Kings army is the only one I've ever seen in person, but I know Paul G has a TK army too

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »
i believe big tim in plainville has one as well, though he hasn't used it in a while

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
Do alot of people play TKs there?   I have been a huge TK player since they came out.  Since 8th edition came out i put them up temporarily but am very eager to play them again.  I was just sad that I bought an entire DE army and then 3 weeks later they finally annouced that TK were coming out in May :(  I really wish they would have a better anouncement plan. 

In Plainville there is one person with a TK army.  In Abington I know of 2, but one of them is currently away at school.

I anticipate a few more TK players after the new stuff goes on sale.  A few people seem to be anticipating it quite a bit.

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 02:46:50 AM »
Well when i get there in 1 June, I will bring my Tks, lizardmen and skaven.  most likely i will not use my skaven, but i figure in case we do campaigns or some map based games having more armies is better than less.

on to Topic:

Can anyone tell me what happens if the Hierophant dies now?  does the army still crumble?  From the forums i see we dont have any spells that can heal characters anymore.  I also see that LPs aren't immune to miscasts anymore either.  I can only picture the scenario on turn 1 of your heirophant miscasting and rolling a 2-4 and then failing the 50/50 roll and dieing immediately. 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
No different than vamps these days.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 04:51:05 PM »
with the abundance of ward saves in the common items, shouldn't be too much of a problem to protect the hierophant.

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:45:27 AM »
I dont know about you guys, but i seem to consisently roll about 4 on the miscast table and fail the 50/50 roll and get sucked away in chaos.  Ward saves dont save you to much from that roll.  With the amount of casting that will be going on and playing against WoC who can change the miscast roll or LM who have Cupped Hands, I worry about my hierophant.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
fair point. it does suck that hierophants can miscast but its nothing that VC haven't already been coping with. just being conservative with the dice you throw around, and buying an earthing rod for him is about as safe as he's gonna get.

tcliff86

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Agreed,  you can keep him rather safe,  but there is increased risk with the miscast,  but increase reward from the new magic.  Cast the augment to give a unit killing blow...the center of my battle line is a horde of skeleton spear-men with a tomb prince and a necrotect in the unit, cast the augment killing blow on that unit and you have up to 40 weapon skill 6, re-rollable, killing blow attacks coming your way.  Group of tomb Guard on the other flank and they are still nasty all by themselves, through in a chariot unit now at str 5 (from rank bonus, and rank only needing 3 models) and d6 a pop, cheaper bone giant, couple scorpions, and a new monster....adds up to a nice little army.

sorry for rant,  got excited.

I think the new book is solid, lots of synergy and thus a lot of room to play it well but a lot of room to mess it up.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »
Are omb kings bettah than fiyah waooweyahs in cwose combet?  I feel wike they would be bettah on cwose combet because fiyah waweyahs just pwn and shwoot things foyst.  I woud paint them bwue and poyple.
Tiger's Den founding member