Author Topic: Dark Heresy vs. 'Ard Boyz  (Read 3132 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Dark Heresy vs. 'Ard Boyz
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
At the moment, the tournament is... lacking.

I've spoken with Cookie, and we are both in the same boat that we are fine doing whichever.  What do you guys want to do next week?  DH runs every week, we can play in the 'Ard Boyz instead and boost the numbers as almost all of us have ready armies for it.  This tournament doesn't come every day, we may want to do it.

It's up to the rest of you, would you prefer DH or this tournament?  I think that we should do the tournament, but as stated at the beginning I am fine with either.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: Dark Heresy vs. 'Ard Boyz
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:32:24 AM »
A friend's family is having me over for a birthday dinner that evening, timewise i wouldnt be able to make it through the whole tournament.  thus i'm just not entering.  I personally vote to game.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
I'm not a tourney guy.  One 40K game a day is sufficient, and I'm sort of taking some time off from 40K anyway just now.  Thus, I'd prefer Dark Heresy.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »
[bluster]

I will be attending this tournament and you may pray to you gods but you will kneel before mine. I will crush the weakling followers of the false emperor under our iron tracks.  Xenos will fall even faster than the lapdogs of the corpse god. 

[/bluster]

LOL demonically possessed land raiders LOL                                                         
I still need to sign up.  Tonight, to BG!

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:28 AM »
 ;D

this is mr. smiles. he is a 1/1 scale replica of rich's entire reproductive system.

you're going down mothertrucker.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 12:25:19 PM »
Just a heads up for the Dark Heresy game: There is a possibility that the back room will have to be commandeered if an unexpected number of people show up. I'll need to build a table quickly and might need the space. Even though our sign-up sheet looks a little underwhelming, we've had some phone calls from people asking if we're having the tournament, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I still think some of you guys in the Dark Heresy game should play in the tourney... no entrance fee and good prized doesn't come around that often! :)
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 01:25:30 AM »
Apologies Derek, birthday dinner @5pm that day, unless you want to give me a by on the last round i'll be un able to make it
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »
Rob?

Could you let me know if you intend to run Dark Heresy tomorrow?  I am not interested in the tourney.  If there is to be no Dark Heresy I'd like to save myself the trip.

Bob

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »
Rob?

Could you let me know if you intend to run Dark Heresy tomorrow?  I am not interested in the tourney.  If there is to be no Dark Heresy I'd like to save myself the trip.

Bob

If there is space, there will be DH.  However if there is not then 'ard Boyz will run.  Considering the amount of signups, I'm guessing that there will be 'Ard Boyz taking up the back room.  I would say you could save yourself the trip.  If there is space to play, we won't do any major things and probably not too many minor ones as well.  So don't worry about showing up, the rest of us live nearby and would most likely also be interested in the tourney.

Rob
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »
i dont know if your gonna get this before getting to the shop Rob, but i was just wondering if in the chance there is no DH, then (as always) i would have my dark angels, and i told chase to cross me off in the sign ups you think i could still play in the tourney?