Author Topic: New to the area, lookin' for battles!  (Read 991 times)

Wreckless

New to the area, lookin' for battles!
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
Hey, I'm new to MA (and still kinda new to WFB too). I've got a few thousand points in Skaven, and I'm just looking to get involved, get some battles, etc. I've only played a handful of games, so the rules are still a tad fuzzy to me (you might have to be a little bit patient). But still, I'm hoping there's enough people who wouldn't mind a few low key, friendly games to get me warmed up.

I live on Cape Cod, but since Battleground seems to be the closest place to play, I'm willing to make the drive every now and then! So, any of you regulars have some suggestions or words of wisdom for me? Is there a good day to show up? (I poked around the forums, seems like Tuesday is the best bet. Unfortunately, that day can't work for me...bleh.) Is there a good weekend day, or somewhere a little closer to Cape Cod to check out? Or even a player who wants some friendly matches when I make the trip? Anything helpful would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: New to the area, lookin' for battles!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:03:50 AM »
Many of the WHFB regulars who play in Plainville (which is probably closer to the cape than Abington due to 495) don't really check the message board too often.

Tuesday night in Plainville is definitely the best night for WHFB, by far.  Otherwise it seems to be scattered around.  This Saturday we are running the WHFB Ard' Boyz tournament.  It will go on basically all day.  Due to the nature of the event, many people don't choose to play in it but it'll be a great way to meet some of the players that frequent both stores.  Each of them is very knowledgeable.

If you're around it's probably worth the drive up.  I suggest shooting for somewhere between 10am and 6pm.

If this thread doesn't get many replies I'll send it along to a couple people who are particularly great at helping new(er) players get grounded.

-Chase
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:21:34 AM »
I mostly play on the weekends in Abington but can make the drive to plainville(only about ten minutes longer). If you want to get a game this weekend let me know

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
i play at plainville occasionally as well, just pm me if you want a game. i have a bit of a drive also, so advance notice is good. a group of the plainville fantasy regulars have a mordheim campaign going on right now so my daemons and beastmen are getting restless.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:25:10 AM by brother_maynard »

tcliff86

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
Tuesday night in plainville is the way to go,  Mordheim has taken us all by storm recently but there is always wiggle room for Fantasy.

and there are three fantasy players that come in every Tuesday that dont play mordheim so and I am sure they would like a fresh opponent.