Author Topic: Wednesday the 17th  (Read 2408 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Wednesday the 17th
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »
There will be three or four of us down tonight if anyone's looking for games.
beep bop boop

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
Yay Games!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
We still need a consistent day for WARMACHINE over the winter.

Paul Calder

• Email
Re: Wednesday the 17th
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:24:47 AM »
Hey guys, I was in tonight buying Aleksandra Zerkova.  I'd really enjoy a game with someone new sometime.  My best friend got me into Warmachine this a few months ago.  I really love the game but he lives on Cape Cod and I live ten minutes from Battleground in Rockland.  I'm still a little shakey with the rules and the etiquette for Mini games.  I've played Magic the Gathering since the Dark expansion and traveled up and down the east coast and even to Canada for various events.  Ever since I started painting and playing Warmachine, I've lost all intrest in Magic.  PLEASE someone help me feed my new addiction!
"All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster"...rAmen

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
Re: PLEASE someone help me feed my new addiction!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:24:23 AM »
We will probably be in playing every Wednesday, you can also post here if you want to get a game in any other time.

As for rules, we all make mistakes, we just keep prime remix handy.  Etiquette in WARMACHINE is simple... just play like an adult. We play to win but they are fairly casual games (at Battleground). Nobody will be offended by questions etc.

Paul Calder

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »
I stopped playing Magic mainly because of the people who play it.  Every Magic player on earth thinks they are better than everyone else.  When I discovered Warmachine I realized that you can play a long interesting game with one person.  High level Magic often requires mulitple people and of course with mulitple people, there are always some people who can ruin the fun.  I can't stand rude people, people who think they are better than others, and people who complain about others good luck and people who generally make things suck.

I wouldn't have even tried to get involved with you guys if I suspected you were anything like Magic players.  Part of the reason Ive floated in and out was to test the waters.  You guys seem like you enjoy the game and respect other people.  And thats all Im looking for.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 12:52:46 AM »
Paul, you and I switched to wargames for the same reason. I think you'll be happy with the group around here. Quality people.

What nights are good for you to play?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:57:20 AM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

Paul Calder

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 06:05:04 AM »
Mondays through Thursdays are the best.  Weekends are usually spent with the ball and chain.