Author Topic: GW Being Weird  (Read 1417 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
GW Being Weird
« on: May 20, 2011, 04:36:02 AM »
Besides the price hike and new Fine Casts replacing the metal models, Games Workshop has done something that has me thinking wtf: Created an embargo.  That is, they have restricted all products sold to another country.  This doesn't affect us so much, but is a strange thing for them to do.

Famous online retailers, such as TheWarStore (US) or Maelstrom (UK) now cannot sell out of their respected countries.  Places like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc. would often buy from them because 1) It was the only way to get them besides buying from GW online and/or 2) It was cheaper (GW Online's conversion rate may be higher than TheWarStore's conversion rate, for example).

Just seems strange to me.
http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/2011/05/extree-extree-read-all-about-it.html
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Re: GW Being Weird
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:41:58 AM »
they are british think about it.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 03:25:24 PM »
GW

Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?